Who is going to still buy Nintendo consoles on launch day?

#1ssj_duelistPosted 2/9/2013 11:40:11 AM
Will you give this company more money? - Results (213 votes)
Never again will I buy a Nintendo console at all
10.33% (22 votes)
Not on launch date, somewhere down the line
34.27% (73 votes)
2nd hand only, I don't want to give them any of my money
0.94% (2 votes)
I'll still buy on launch season as I will want some of their later titles
19.72% (42 votes)
I will buy on launch season regardless of launch titles
34.74% (74 votes)
This poll is now closed.
After the **** poor performance of the Wii U and 3DS and the abysmal line-ups for both console's launch dates, will you ever buy a Nintendo console on launch day or near enough again?

Seems like this company has got so lazy there just is no point in supporting them, and in addition to that, lying about the release dates of several of their 'launch' titles such as Pikmin 3 and Luigi's mansion to get more customers, they even come of as shameful. And we can't forget how they laid the Wii to rest nearly 2 whole years before the Wii U came out.

Although I don't care about the money as I don't need to, I regret buying a Wii U and a 3DS on release on principle alone. Never again.

3DS still only has 5 or 6 great titles.
#2ChargrilledPosted 2/9/2013 11:44:38 AM
i always buy new hardware as its released. i dont like waiting.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#3rockyminPosted 2/9/2013 11:45:19 AM
I always seem to buy Nintendo products on launch day. There's usually at least one game I'm interested in at launch and I know the inevitable Mario, Zelda, etc will be coming out sooner or later and I'll want to play them.

There are a few exceptions though, didn't get the NES or original Game Boy at launch, skipped Game Boy pocket, also skipped Virtual Boy, GB Micro and I didn't get the DS or lite when they launched either. I've gotten every console on launch day since the SNES.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#4rildomeinPosted 2/9/2013 11:46:32 AM
I've never bought a console on release. Those are usually the buggy ones

*RROD sneeze*
*YLOD sneeze*
*Wii...sneeze*
---
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca
#5b1gt0nePosted 2/9/2013 11:48:11 AM
Nintendo day one always.
#6GloryChaosPosted 2/9/2013 11:49:13 AM
This is how I view people who buy consoles at launch all the time and then complain about common luanch issues.

http://imagehaul.com/thehauls/dfd8319e63ad1188fd2be8a8a9e405b9.gif

That being said, the WiiU was the first and last console I ever bought at launch. Waited two years to get a Wii. And almost a year later to get a 3ds. Everything else, I've gotten well into the system's lifespan.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#7Board_hunter567Posted 2/9/2013 11:50:18 AM
If you buy a console at launch you only have yourself to blame.
#8ssj_duelist(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:58:57 AM
Board_hunter567 posted...
If you buy a console at launch you only have yourself to blame.

This and Nintendo.
#9iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 12:00:29 PM
I've only bought one Nintendo console on launch day, and that was the Wii. And I had tons of fun with Wii Sports and Twilight Princess.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#10ssj_duelist(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:01:02 PM
iKhanic posted...
I've only bought one Nintendo console on launch day, and that was the Wii. And I had tons of fun with Wii Sports and Twilight Princess.

Neither the Wii U nor 3DS has a Twilight Princess. =(