Sorry if this is an old or dumb question: Virtual Console

#1rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/9/2013 2:00:45 PM
I haven't really been following the Wii U, because I knew I'd be getting it eventually anyway, but an article I read today just alerted me to something I didn't anticipate:

Is it true that nothing from the Virtual Console for the Wii will even be available to buy on the Wii U?

I had a few VC games on my Wii, but nothing I would have had a problem buying again down the road, so I got rid of my Wii in anticipation of eventually getting a Wii U.

But now it sounds like all of the original VC games are locked away? I understand you can transfer them if you have a Wii and a WIi U, but you can't just go buy them if you only have a Wii U?

Or did I completely misunderstand all this?
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#2icarus231Posted 2/9/2013 2:05:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3ninto55Posted 2/9/2013 2:06:48 PM
icarus231 posted...
you can transfer them all and use the wii mode. there will be a wii u vc coming and you can upgrade games for $1 if you want to use miiverse and the gamepad

Well $1 for NES games, $1.50 for SNES games. Other consoles have not been announced. But this is only for the extra content of playing it with the WiiU pad and some stupid online Miiverse stuff.

You can transfer all of your games and turn your WiiU to Wii mode and play them all just as you did on Wii.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
"This game tastes like the future." Roo
#4icarus231Posted 2/9/2013 2:08:12 PM
if you got rid of you wii you sold the games with it (same as selling your disk), however since the are in your club nintendo account you may be able to upgrade for a dollar and get the wii u vc version
#5rockyoumonkeys(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:10:46 PM
ninto55 posted...
icarus231 posted...
you can transfer them all and use the wii mode. there will be a wii u vc coming and you can upgrade games for $1 if you want to use miiverse and the gamepad

Well $1 for NES games, $1.50 for SNES games. Other consoles have not been announced. But this is only for the extra content of playing it with the WiiU pad and some stupid online Miiverse stuff.

You can transfer all of your games and turn your WiiU to Wii mode and play them all just as you did on Wii.

Let me try again because something was lost in translation.

I have no Wii, and thus no VC games. (I shouldn't even have mentioned that I'd once had them.)

If I buy a Wii U, can I buy the games that have always been available on the Wii's VC? (Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Zelda: OoT, MM, LttP, etc.; Super Metroid, and so on?

Or will the only way to get those games be 1.) buy a Wii, 2.) buy them on Wii's VC, 3.) transfer to Wii U.?
---
#6Petey_MeanisPosted 2/9/2013 2:15:43 PM
From: rockyoumonkeys | Posted: 2/9/2013 4:10:46 PM | #005
If I buy a Wii U, can I buy the games that have always been available on the Wii's VC? (Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Zelda: OoT, MM, LttP, etc.; Super Metroid, and so on?

yes. Use Wii mode on Wii U and get them from there.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#7icarus231Posted 2/9/2013 2:16:47 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
ninto55 posted...
icarus231 posted...

Let me try again because something was lost in translation.

I have no Wii, and thus no VC games. (I shouldn't even have mentioned that I'd once had them.)

Or will the only way to get those games be 1.) buy a Wii, 2.) buy them on Wii's VC, 3.) transfer to Wii U.?

the wii u has a wii mode and you can do everything as if it was a wii
#8rockyoumonkeys(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:39:20 PM
Oh okay, excellent.
---