Think of video games this way.

#1digiblasterPosted 2/9/2013 1:27:10 PM
Think of your favourite company (in my case Nintendo) as your favourite Italian restaurant. You've been there for as long as you can remember, and you always enjoy their services. Sure, every now and then, they might serve something that you don't agree with, that wasn't quite what you were expecting. But you've been going to this restaurant for years, and it's almost always great. So, you go there again, and chances are, it's back to just how you like it.

Now, somebody else prefers a different Italian restaurant, the one just down the street (let's say, Sony). Now, I've been going to this same restaurant for so long, that I'm set in my ways, and even though the food at the other restaurant is good, I don't feel at home like I do at my favourite (though I'd still go there again sometime). Likewise, no matter how much I try to persuade this other person to switch over to my restaurant, they too are set in their ways, and don't feel right about it.

Now, the problem arises when a third person comes along, who also regularly goes to the second Italian restaurant, but refuses to dine at the first, claiming that the food they serve isn't as good. See, this person is making a very strong claim with little to back it up. The question you'd have to ask is 'Why'? We're all fans of Italian food here. Sure, their methods may differ somewhat, and obviously the end product will be different, but at the end of the day, it's still Italian food. And as a connoisseur of Italian food, don't you owe it to yourself to try out all the various options available?
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 2/9/2013 1:29:21 PM
digiblaster posted...
Think of your favourite company (in my case Nintendo) as your favourite Italian restaurant. You've been there for as long as you can remember, and you always enjoy their services. Sure, every now and then, they might serve something that you don't agree with, that wasn't quite what you were expecting. But you've been going to this restaurant for years, and it's almost always great. So, you go there again, and chances are, it's back to just how you like it.

Now, somebody else prefers a different Italian restaurant, the one just down the street (let's say, Sony). Now, I've been going to this same restaurant for so long, that I'm set in my ways, and even though the food at the other restaurant is good, I don't feel at home like I do at my favourite (though I'd still go there again sometime). Likewise, no matter how much I try to persuade this other person to switch over to my restaurant, they too are set in their ways, and don't feel right about it.

Now, the problem arises when a third person comes along, who also regularly goes to the second Italian restaurant, but refuses to dine at the first, claiming that the food they serve isn't as good. See, this person is making a very strong claim with little to back it up. The question you'd have to ask is 'Why'? We're all fans of Italian food here. Sure, their methods may differ somewhat, and obviously the end product will be different, but at the end of the day, it's still Italian food. And as a connoisseur of Italian food, don't you owe it to yourself to try out all the various options available?

---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#3Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 1:36:16 PM
My italian restaurant have a quite variety of dishes, with it's own specialities. And they change their menu fairly often to keep me interested.
While I know the Italian restaurant up the street can serve you higher quality food they just haven't changed their menu enough over the years. They keep the menu almost the same as when I was younger and used to eat over there as well as the old Italian restaurant they sadly had to shut down some years back :/
At least I prefer the two italian rstaurants to the restaurant on the other side of town. They just don't seem to be able to find their own speciality, althoo I have to admit they are very good at marketing their restaurant.
#4digiblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:52:26 PM
The thing with my restaurant is that it's very welcoming to people of all ages. Kids are more than welcome, and they usually cater specifically to kids, which I can understand people find off-putting.

The problem with the place down the road is that while the clientele are older, there are a lot of teenage diners with terrible language problems - it does make it harder to enjoy my meal from time to time.

I understand what you're saying about the menu though - since this new branch opened up, they haven't really had anything new to offer of late. Still, there's enough variety for me (I have a pretty varied palate) so I'm making do with what they have to offer for now. I know that the competition have much more to offer, but I know that in time the menu at my restaurant will expand to contain variants of all my old favourites.
#5diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 1:57:55 PM
Nintendo's Mario is Italian. You used Italian restaurants as examples. Therefore topic is biased in favor of Nintendo.

Fail topic.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#6Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 2:01:45 PM
I think you're mixing the restaurants up :/
Whilst the restaurant down the road cater to a more all-around clientel, it ain't as noisy as you describe it.
I think you're mixing it up with the restaurant on the other side of town. Where the kids go because it's "cool" But that's ok. Easy to mix the restaurants up their menues looks pretty similar to eachothers.
Just that the restaurant down the street have more own special dishesh they serve.
#7digiblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:09:26 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
I think you're mixing the restaurants up :/
Whilst the restaurant down the road cater to a more all-around clientel, it ain't as noisy as you describe it.
I think you're mixing it up with the restaurant on the other side of town. Where the kids go because it's "cool" But that's ok. Easy to mix the restaurants up their menues looks pretty similar to eachothers.
Just that the restaurant down the street have more own special dishesh they serve.

Woops, I did. Yeah, the one down the street isn't too bad to be honest, pretty mature all things considered. It lacks the charm that this one does, but like I said, it's pretty good too - I'd go there more often if I could afford it.

On the other hand, the one across town is pretty bad - it wasn't the cheapest of restaurants, plus it cost extra in order to get there. It's something I'm regretting now to be honest, and I doubt I'll go to any new branches they open up.
#8DemonDog666Posted 2/9/2013 2:12:07 PM
digiblaster posted...

Seriously, you are asking why wiiU has issues, I made a thread listing it's issues and stated them a few more times on top of it lol, wiiU has tons of issues.
#92wingedangelPosted 2/10/2013 7:08:14 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
digiblaster posted...

Seriously, you are asking why wiiU has issues, I made a thread listing it's issues and stated them a few more times on top of it lol, wiiU has tons of issues.

*facepalm*
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462