It's the game developers that are killing the Wii U

#1promo123Posted 2/9/2013 1:39:20 PM
A lot of game developers are holding back because other games aren't selling well, but as far as I see it the games aren't selling well because the other developers are holding back. If there were more games, the sales would be better all around. I'm positive that there are so many potential customers that just can't justify buying a Wii U yet because there isn't enough games to play on it, thus making the games that are out already sell poorly.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#2leopoldsharkPosted 2/9/2013 1:43:49 PM
Game developers don't want to develop for Wii U because people won't buy it. People won't buy the Wii U because it has no games. It is a vicious cycle.

Part of the problem also is marketing. Games won't sell if people don't know about them. Nintendo needs to be a bit more aggressive with their marketing. Of course consumers also need to step up and show their support to good games by buying them. Platinum has been quite popular lately with the coming of Metal Gear Rising, hopefully their games will shine a new spotlight toward the Wii U.
#3Board_hunter567Posted 2/9/2013 2:03:47 PM
Game developer doesn't want to risk spending the resources to make an exclusive, so they port over or cross release a game from the previous gen to test the waters.
The port/multiplat sells poorly - the game developer deems the platform as disappointing (at the same time an exclusive third party title with mixed reviews sells moderately well, but nobody pays attention to that).

Meanwhile, first party efforts that can help boost hardware sales (and developer confidence) are pushed back, further reducing the chance for third party exclusivity.

It's become extremely obvious that this is the case right now. If the Wii U were to receive even just a few PS4/Xbox 8 multiplats things could turn around very quickly (or not at all, I'm not getting paid for my predictions).
#4indigna7ionPosted 2/9/2013 2:08:34 PM
It is the same situation but worse with the Vita.
#5Sailor GoonPosted 2/9/2013 2:09:46 PM
indigna7ion posted...
It is the same situation but worse with the Vita.

It's actually not
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#6iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 2:11:43 PM
No, it was Nintendo's own lack of strong first party launch games. They should have sped up the development of Pikmin 3, so that they could have a better launch game.

Now if NSMB2 had been received as incredibly as opposed to its only okay reception, then NSMBU could have been a highly anticipated game.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7shawnmckPosted 2/9/2013 2:11:58 PM
What is killing the Wii-U is Nintendo.

Nintendo released the Wii-U a year too late.
The Wii-U was launched right at a time when next gen consoles are right around the corner.
Had Nintendo made the Wii-U twice as powerful than it is, then all this would be academic, but they didn't...Nintendo instead made the Wii-U pretty much as powerful as the XB 360 & PS3, both of which are releasing next gen consoles that are huge leap in technology and by the end of the year.

Nintendo has no-one to blame but themselves.
The Wii-U is a great system and a fantastic idea...but it is a year (or 2) too late to the party.

By the end of this year (when Sony & Microsoft launch their next gen consoles), the Wii-U will be extremely obsolete.
Who's fault is that, really ?
#8denizengearPosted 2/9/2013 2:16:40 PM
nintendo is to blame for killing the wii u. they rush out a, let's face facts, sub-par attempt at a next-gen console. then don't even take advantage of the window of time, while at the same time pissing off it's customers. what 3rd party developer is going to waste time with a console they will see the least return on?
#9cancerboy87Posted 2/9/2013 2:19:23 PM
The Wii U wont be obsolete at all this gaming generation and I dont know where you are getting your info but the Wii U is already more powerful that both the ps3 and 360.

Google is your friend guy. Its not an issue with the console, its the (current) marketing and games.

I love how people tend to forget the PS3 launch, where EVERYONE complained about the price tag (not an issue with the Wii U) and the lack of games.

People tend to not give it time to start to flesh out before they pass judgement. The Wii U isnt even out of its launch phase yet.

(Also, I would like to see the sales numbers next month after Monster Hunter releases. Its going to be a system seller like Tri was with Wii. Don't even mention when the strong first party titles like Zelda and new Marios come out.)
---
"Naruto isn't a ninja. He is a mage, why do you think he is able to do all those spells."-StupidMofoz
PSN: MrsCliffton
#10denizengearPosted 2/9/2013 2:50:35 PM
cancerboy87 posted...
The Wii U wont be obsolete at all this gaming generation and I dont know where you are getting your info but the Wii U is already more powerful that both the ps3 and 360.

I love how people tend to forget the PS3 launch, where EVERYONE complained about the price tag (not an issue with the Wii U) and the lack of games.

the fact there are several examples of wii u unable to run the same games at the same framerate as consoles from the last gen. you can spout specs all you want but when it comes down to how the console actually performs, wii u falls behind. so yeah when the ps4 and 720 get here wii u will be nothing more than a casual gamers dust collector.

ps3 had a higher price at launch because it is also a bluray player, wii u can't even play cds so I'm sure the technology was cheaper.