I am a new Nintendo convert, and I just picked up controllers and SS

#1VoelgerPosted 2/9/2013 3:07:18 PM(edited)
I bought the Wii U a week ago. I have Mario and Mass Effect 3, and I am liking both a lot.

I never owned a wii and I'm a huge Zelda fan, so I picked up the wii U controller and nuncuck and Zelda Skyward Sword. I am very excited.

Does the game hold up graphically? I know some people have complained about the motion controls and the slow start, but I never played a motion controlled game before and I'm Kind of looking forward to it.

---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#2fhsfootball74Posted 2/9/2013 3:07:46 PM
The motion controls hold up pretty well. From time to time you may experience som issues but nothing to really worry about. The graphics hold up quite well. The art-style is easy on the eyes and isn't the jaggy looking mess that Twilight Princess is these days.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#3b1gt0nePosted 2/9/2013 3:35:21 PM
Congrats and enjoy;)
#4Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 3:37:05 PM
You got motion plus controller rigjht?
I got Skywards Sword as a Christmas gift, and i was kinda irked by that I have to buy a totally new controller to play the game :/
#5Pac12345Posted 2/9/2013 3:44:49 PM
I'm in a similar situation. Although I am a long time Zelda fan, I recently started playing SS for the first time.

Anyway, form my impressions, it is a masterpiece!

I have been playing this game for a while, and you can clearly see the effort that went into making this game. I'm not saying this game is perfect, it certainly has its flaws. However, the notable effort that Nintendo put into this game more than makes up for those.

I honestly, don't understand the hate this game has been getting lately.

Anyway, if you're a Zelda fan, I think you will be more than pleased with this game.

As a side note, this game's gameplay actually challenges you. No more "killing formulas", and the puzzles get progressively creative and somewhat complicated. In a time where games generally are all about button mashing and leveling up, this game is a breath of fresh air. Amazing, right? A game that actually requires you to think when fighting against enemies! Compare that to the lag-fest that is CoD.
#6Pac12345Posted 2/9/2013 3:46:48 PM
Also, I recommend playing it on the Wii U. The overscan actually makes Skyward Sword's graphics smoother. Not that big of a difference, but your eyes won't bleed!
#7_Sovereign_Posted 2/9/2013 7:05:18 PM
I enjoyed SS immensely, until I got to where I am now. Roughly 46 hours in and can't be bothered to finish the game. The controls are fine, sans swimming ( you'll understand), the graphics and art style are nice, and the story is interesting.

Maybe a little too much backtracking ( same regions, slightly new areas)
There's one activity that I feel they should have omitted from the game entirely as I feel it's there only to pad length. If it were some kind of sidequest I would've been fine but it's a mandatory exercise that is repeated 4-5x for story progression.

Overall, I may beat it one day but it'll be the only Zelda title I won't ever replay.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#8TheTrueNubPosted 2/9/2013 7:26:35 PM
Skyward Sword is a beautiful game, it holds up great graphically.

I often feel like the motion controls work against the game rather than with it though, but that's mostly a gripe about motion controls in general than a specific problem with the game.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#9nickvd8Posted 2/9/2013 7:28:24 PM
TheTrueNub posted...
Skyward Sword is a beautiful game, it holds up great graphically.

The motion controls are great, enjoy the game it's tons of fun.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#10Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:12:11 PM
Thanks for all your input. I started playing and I am in the forest looking for Zelda. I have to find these little Kiwi? People. It was a slow start but interesting and fun. I love the graphics so far. It does look really nice for a non HD game. I am going to bed so I'll lag more tomorrow. I think I put in a good three hours to get to this point. Oh the motion controls are ok so far. I like them buy I do miss a regular controller, that might just be because I have never used motion controls before.
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10