Games.TM reviews Aliens Colonial Marines. It's disappointing.

#1jmichaelbpPosted 2/9/2013 3:37:42 PM
So I picked up the games magazine, Games.TM, and I saw that it had, what I believe is the first Aliens Colonial Marines review.

From what I read... it's a disapointing game, considering it comes from the same studio which gave us Borderlands and Brothers in Arms.

They gave it a 4 out of 10.

Here are some highlights of the review:

Many of Colonial Marines' flaws could have been excusable back in the early days of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but now, when every title is polished to excruciating level of quality, it just doesn't cut it

Graphically, it's one of the worst we've seen grace consoles in years. It certainly may have been acceptable in 2006, when the game was first conceived, but now it just looks embarrasing up against other titles coming out in the Q1 release window.

Colonial Marines does at time play with expanding the lore in a meaningful way but skirts over it almost immediately.

Even some returning voice actors voicing their digital characters can't save the train wreck of a narrative, and it certainly doesn't help to immerse you in the world when the lip-sincing doesn't even match up.

Without Cameron's guiding hand, the story never amounts to anything more than a vehicle to drive players from one disappointing corridor to the next.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#2Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 3:39:27 PM
well...

I guess you still have that Wonderful 101 game...?
#3StickMen1090Posted 2/9/2013 3:40:20 PM
maybe the WIi U version is delayed to make it better
#4jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:41:11 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
well...

This applies to all versions.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#5hellbringherPosted 2/9/2013 3:42:08 PM
StickMen1090 posted...

Yes...that's why. *giggles*
---
News - EA does not like the Wii U. Fanboy - good they are horrible anyway.
#6Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 3:42:27 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
well...

ofc it does. But it must be extra painful to early adopters who don't seem to have any PS3 or 360.
The whole game draught on the Wii U I mean.
#7jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:42:37 PM
StickMen1090 posted...

I don't think it'll change the score.
The only thing we know is that it'll have better textures and the radar on the gamepad.
At the very most with that it'd get a 5 out of 10, at the very most.
---
#8SmoshCuchPosted 2/9/2013 3:46:16 PM
Uh...graphics, lip synching and voice actors, lore...

Anything in there about actual gameplay?
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/9/2013 3:47:44 PM
Well, so much for the Wii U having any games this year LOL
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#10diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 3:47:48 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
well...

ofc it does. But it must be extra painful to early adopters who don't seem to have any PS3 or 360.
The whole game draught on the Wii U I mean.

no it don't.

the game is all over youtube at the moment. lots of torrents and broken street dates. and IGN had a 2 hour live stream with the developers where they played single player and multiplayer a lot.

and in that IGN stream the dev was clear that only the PS3/360 version was available.

the wii u version is still a mystery.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade