Games.TM reviews Aliens Colonial Marines. It's disappointing.

#41ADHDguitarPosted 2/9/2013 6:58:52 PM
That review seems pretty graphics-whoreish.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#42jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:00:59 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

From what I've read, the game is more like Duke Nukem Forever, in mechanics and design.
Heck it seems like the aliens don't react to bullets when you shoot and are complete idiots, like DNF.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#43ThaPrinceRazielPosted 2/9/2013 7:02:14 PM
Nintendo fans were actually hyping the game and it sucks?! Damn, Nintendo can't catch a break. Karma must have a vendetta out on Nintendo because nothing is going right for them. It's sad honestly.
---
Reaver of Souls.. I have become something... Darker Than Black
#44diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 7:02:52 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

From what I've read, the game is more like Duke Nukem Forever, in mechanics and design.
Heck it seems like the aliens don't react to bullets when you shoot and are complete idiots, like DNF.

this is inaccurate. the aliens will retreat after being shot and go into the walls, under floors, etc. and attempt to attack from another angle.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#45ChipChippersonPosted 2/9/2013 7:03:50 PM
Whenever it pops up on the U I'll buy it and I'll probably enjoy it.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#46jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:05:06 PM
diggyfresh posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

this is inaccurate. the aliens will retreat after being shot and go into the walls, under floors, etc. and attempt to attack from another angle.

I was watching a video on Youtube.
The aliens run straight at the player when he's shooting them and they just scream.
They don't show any reaction at all. All they do is run straight into bullets.

Even the review said their AI is sloppy.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#47diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 7:07:35 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
diggyfresh posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

The aliens run straight at the player when he's shooting them and they just scream.

I think we're arguing over different things. You're talking about when the aliens attack. It seems there are long attack animations, so if they get shot during the attack they just keep going.

I'm talking about shooting them as they approach, or leaving one alive without killing it. Then they go another route.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#48jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:10:11 PM
diggyfresh posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
diggyfresh posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

I think we're arguing over different things. You're talking about when the aliens attack. It seems there are long attack animations, so if they get shot during the attack they just keep going.

I'm talking about shooting them as they approach, or leaving one alive without killing it. Then they go another route.

I'll link you to a video where I saw them acting like that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnxgCKLUH8I

And you lgive me a link to a video where they act the way you say they act.
---
#49slymshadyPosted 2/9/2013 7:10:41 PM
Looked like crap to begin with, do not know why you needed a review to confirm this.
#50wiseguy100Posted 2/9/2013 7:14:07 PM
I'm wondering how the TC has a review of the game in GAMEStm. there is no review of the game in the current issue and the next issue isn't available till the 14th.

care to enlighten TC?
---
360 gamertag, PSN ID and Wii U - wiseguy100