Why doesn't anyone ever want Sony to go third party?

#1STN79Posted 2/9/2013 2:54:12 PM
All i hear are people bashing Nintendo for their system performance and predicting their demise. It's like the hip thing to do for people to hate on Nintendo. If ultimate power is so important to this generation of gamers why not go PC? Does Sony honestly need to be making game consoles anymore if PC will always be better? anyone who has stood by Nintendo this long likely isn't too concerned about power and just wants to have fun playing videogames. It would be a greater loss if the company that saved videogaming went under. I mean what would the world be like without Nintendo? I'd rather not find out myself.
#2TrueBlue91Posted 2/9/2013 2:55:47 PM
I just want Nintendo to go third party. But Sony probably will anyway.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#3Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 2:58:49 PM
Because we love Nintendo's games.
We're just not fond of their consoles.
Simple as that.
I'd love to see what Nintendo could do with their IPs with the power of PS3/PS4.
And they have different tools to play with if they want to go for "gimmicky controls"
#4NewbiusPosted 2/9/2013 2:59:45 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
I just want Nintendo to go third party. But Sony probably will anyway.

that will never happen. Nintendo specifically stated that when the day they stop making consoles, they will stop making games all together.
#5MD1500Posted 2/9/2013 3:05:07 PM
Because Sony's first party games generally suck - as evidenced by their terrible sales.

Sony fans are desperate to play games like Mario and Zelda on their systems.
I have never seen a Nintendo fan, ever, wanting to play KillZone on Wii U.
#6ShinyToyPaladinPosted 2/9/2013 3:05:12 PM
STN79 posted...
All i hear are people bashing Nintendo for their system performance and predicting their demise. It's like the hip thing to do for people to hate on Nintendo. If ultimate power is so important to this generation of gamers why not go PC? Does Sony honestly need to be making game consoles anymore if PC will always be better? anyone who has stood by Nintendo this long likely isn't too concerned about power and just wants to have fun playing videogames. It would be a greater loss if the company that saved videogaming went under. I mean what would the world be like without Nintendo? I'd rather not find out myself.

Dude, there is so much bias in your argument it isn't even funny. No it's not really hip to hate on Nintendo. Nintendo just came off their highest selling console and while the Wii U obviously isn't going to match the Wii, it's going through the same thing that the 3DS went through when it launched. Look at it now, just hitting it's stride. Everyone knows while 3rd party support would be nice, Nintendo can keep afloat just by it's first party.

You know what's cool to hate? Sony. It's not "yo brah, we are teh coolest console out now because the media and celebrities say so. Games? Nah psh who needs games, we just keep comming out wit Halo and Gears and people still buy or consoles LOL. We focus on perceived value instead of actually gaming enthusiasts, but it's all good because everything in the biggest game market is just a popularity contest anyway".

Guess what, people buy a PS3 instead of a PC because of the exclusives. I have a high end gaming rig

Gtx 670
8gb ram
I7-3820 cpu
800 psu

blah blah blah. And I love PC gaming, but I still love the s*** outta my Playstation 3. Why? Because I can't play Sony exclusives on the PS3. It's the same as Nintendo. Don't fall under the trap of "Sony has a high powerful console so therefore it's games must lack and creativity or depth because they only focus on the graphics". That isn't true, Sony IPs do have wonderful graphics but hey, they are actually fun to play too.
#7ShinyToyPaladinPosted 2/9/2013 3:05:57 PM
MD1500 posted...
Because Sony's first party games generally suck - as evidenced by their terrible sales.

This magical world where sales = quality seems a bit far fetched to me.

Damn, I guess CoD must be the best game ever.
#8NewbiusPosted 2/9/2013 3:08:33 PM
MD1500 posted...

Sony's games don't suck. The main reason why the games sales suck is because their advertising campaign sucks.
#9Paulf001Posted 2/9/2013 3:08:52 PM
Sony is more of an electronics company then a video game company. If they were to quit making the playstation brand, they would probably disband their game dev studios and they would find other jobs and go back to to exclusively making TV, DVD players, radios ect, and try to market their streaming movie/music services.
#10Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 3:10:53 PM
Newbius posted...
MD1500 posted...

Sony's games don't suck. The main reason why the games sales suck is because their advertising campaign sucks.

Also they have so many different IPs out at the same time. It's what I like about the Sony first party exclusives.
They pretty much try something new every year.