Why doesn't anyone ever want Sony to go third party?

#111Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/10/2013 5:23:53 AM
Newbius posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
I just want Nintendo to go third party. But Sony probably will anyway.

that will never happen. Nintendo specifically stated that when the day they stop making consoles, they will stop making games all together.

You never know how the new generation higher ups will feel I really doubt they will not go third party unless theres one left of the original's. I doubt nintendo will ever go third party they would really have to piss us nintendo fans off.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#112darkjedilinkPosted 2/10/2013 6:33:31 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
squatch22 posted...
''Nintendo only make sequel after sequel. Now leave me alone so i can play GT5, Uncharted 3, God of War 6, Killzone 4, Resistance 4 etc...''

...and Journey, The Pupeteer, Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Until Dawn, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice and The Unfinished Swan

Only about twelve people are playing those games (well, the ones that are actually available...)
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#113Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 6:36:40 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
squatch22 posted...
''Nintendo only make sequel after sequel. Now leave me alone so i can play GT5, Uncharted 3, God of War 6, Killzone 4, Resistance 4 etc...''

...and Journey, The Pupeteer, Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Until Dawn, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice and The Unfinished Swan

Only about twelve people are playing those games (well, the ones that are actually available...)

What I was trying to illustrate was that Sony offer several vastly different IPs while of course if you only have 3-5 different IPs to offer, thoose games will sell pretty well...
#114squatch22Posted 2/10/2013 6:51:44 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
squatch22 posted...

What I was trying to illustrate was that Sony offer several vastly different IPs while of course if you only have 3-5 different IPs to offer, thoose games will sell pretty well...

Lol @ thinking Nintendo only has that few IPs...
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#115Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 6:55:52 AM
squatch22 posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
squatch22 posted...

Lol @ thinking Nintendo only has that few IPs...

Mario, Zelda Pokemon
then the occasional sequel of a minor series?

I'm well aware of several IPs Nintendo owns.
But what I can see they only push a very few of them.
#116mjc0961Posted 2/10/2013 8:18:07 AM(edited)
I would love Sony to go third party! Their hardware is usually pretty bad. Yeah yeah yeah RRoD, good for you, you can point out that Microsoft screwed up worse. YLoD still plagues many a PS3 owner. PS2s still had notorious disc read errors. PS2 slims still had power bricks that needed to be recalled because they could fail and burn your f***ing house down. PSPs still had faulty square buttons and every model until the Go had crappy screens (do you want ghosting on a 1000 or 2000, or interlacing on a 3000?). And speaking of PSP go, just the fact that it existed is another point showing how bad Sony is at hardware. PS Vita still has insanely stupid proprietary memory cards that cost $100 if you want the only one that provides decent storage, and also that awful rear touch pad.

They also suck at the operating systems for said hardware and for keeping up with good features. When your console can't even handle a leap year properly and completely bricks people's systems for a day, you just plain f***ing suck and should get out of the hardware business. But there's also Install Other OS removal, the PSN hack due to Sony not keeping up with security on their servers, constant firmware updates that don't do anything, constant network downtime, still no unified game invite system like Xbox Live has (meaning you want to invite someone to your game on 360, it's the same process no matter who developed or publish the game because the 360's OS handles that, whereas PS3's OS doesn't so it's a mess trying to find out where the dev of the particular game you're playing put the invite option), the bloody awful Playstation Store redesign that makes it next to impossible to use (HINT: always use the search feature and ignore every other navigation option available because everything but search is a useless sea of avatars and costume packs) that also now comes with its own software updates because the PS3 just didn't have enough goddamn updates yet, PS Vita abandoning the XMB in favor of that stupid psuedo-iOS thing that has absolutely no organization options (making more pages to try and sort things just makes more pages you have to scroll through)...

I've said time and time again that if Sony didn't have so many great exclusive titles under their name, I wouldn't bother with their systems at all. So Sony going third party would be a dream come true for me.

EDIT: Also thank you so much for selling me a Playstation Move and then doing f*** all to support it Sony. That one's my fault, I should have known you better by that point, but still, you guys suck whenever hardware is involved.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#117mjc0961Posted 2/10/2013 8:12:08 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
squatch22 posted...

lolno

The Last Guardian is going to do only one thing for gamers, and that's fill the role of the most infamous piece of vaporware in the industry now that Duke Nukem Forever actually came out.

Seriously, when was that game supposed to come out again? First shown in 2009 and slated for a 2011 release, and the only news we ever hear about the game since 2009 is that it's still delayed and still doesn't have a new release window.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#118mjc0961Posted 2/10/2013 8:15:13 AM
squatch22 posted...
Reminds me of this:
http://imageshack.us/f/202/rehash2.jpg/

People still use Imageshack?! Stop it! Just use one that directly links to the image so we can see the damn thing without fighting Imageshack's crappy website.
---
#119Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 8:15:31 AM
mjc0961 posted...
I've said time and time again that if Sony didn't have so many great exclusive titles under their name, I wouldn't bother with their systems at all. So Sony going third party would be a dream come true for me.

My exact wordsif you just replace Sony with Nintendo
#120Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 8:20:42 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
squatch22 posted...

lolno

The Last Guardian is going to do only one thing for gamers, and that's fill the role of the most infamous piece of vaporware in the industry now that Duke Nukem Forever actually came out.

Seriously, when was that game supposed to come out again? First shown in 2009 and slated for a 2011 release, and the only news we ever hear about the game since 2009 is that it's still delayed and still doesn't have a new release window.

I'd recon all of the games mentioned are for gamers. or are you indicating that nintendo games aren't for gamers either...?