Why doesn't anyone ever want Sony to go third party?

#41ADHDguitarPosted 2/9/2013 6:57:42 PM
Because Sony is a hardware company that also makes software.

Nintendo is a software company that also makes hardware.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#42andizzle29662Posted 2/9/2013 7:01:36 PM
Why the Sony hate? They have great IP like sly, god of war, infamous, littlebigplanet, ratchet and clank, and more. Those saying Sony sucks are crazy.
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!
#43DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/9/2013 7:06:31 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Nintendo has IPs people care about. Genre definers that represent the very image of gaming.
Sony doesn't. Sony has some pretty action adventure games with jubblies.

And 2.5D platformers, and 3D Platformers, And Racers, And RPGs, And Survival Horror, and strategy games, and FPS games, and action games, and puzzle games

So yeah...
Nintendo are too scared of getting too far out of their comfort zone, so they redo their concepts over and over again. A kind of a one-trick pony doesn't it sound like that?

None of which matter in the face of The Legend of Zelda.
Who buys a console for... whatever Sony racer they make? And when was the last time you saw a Legend of Dragoon game?
Sony games are very rarely system sellers, and when they are, it's usually because nothing else is selling the system, so fans need something to feel justified in their purchase.
On the other hand, Nintendo could sell hardware for a single game, and then sell the game separately, and still get by.

Ofc because nintendo are the greedier company when it comes to their pricing.
Anyways I agree that you don't buy a Sony console for the first/second party exclusives and that you buy a Nintendo console for the First party exclusives.
But on the other hand you seldomly buy multiplats on nintendo consoles. A Nintendo console is just a secondary console to compliment your primary console Sony/MS.

And when was the last time Nintendo came with anything remotely new? Pikmin? Animal Crossing?

As I said earlier Sony keep pumping out new IPs every year and I really enjoy that.

Of course. Who would buy multiplats on consoles? Unless it's some online shooter that only a peasant would play anyway. Or a fighting game.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#44Tsutarja495Posted 2/9/2013 7:12:20 PM
The thought of a company that does a variety of things like TVs, game consoles, cameras, music players, and so on becoming a 3rd party game developer is a different beast than the thought of a strictly game company becoming a 3rd party game developer. Sony isn't just a gaming company, Nintendo is. So Nintendo going 3rd party makes far more sense.

Don't get me wrong, as a Nintendo fanboy, I don't want them to go 3rd party. But I recognize it would make more sense than Sony doing it.
#45FenderMasterPosted 2/9/2013 7:12:54 PM
As bad as Sony is at making money, they do make good hardware. From a gamers perspective we're better off with Sony hardware than Nintendo hardware. It may not be high end PC quality, but Sony hardware is better, it's good for third party games.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#46ThamauturgePosted 2/9/2013 7:17:28 PM
Why would anyone want them to? Sony makes amazing consoles.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#47art_of_the_killPosted 2/9/2013 7:32:59 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Not even a denial. And I even admitted some people call me one above, full disclaimer, unlike you pretending you're unbiased.

I was simply curious what right you had to call me biased when you're supposedly biased yourself. That was my "denial". People may call you an xbot, but no one, save for you, calls me a pony. You can even ask around the 360 board if you like.

You're one of the most hardcore ponies on GF, and extra salty that one b-tier Nintendo exclusive is better than Sony's entire first party output for an entire generation.

Is this drivel supposed to make any sense? Your poor attempt to paint me as the hardcore fanboy just make you look like a bigger one.

I'm not even sure why I'm even taking the time to reply to you right now. I typically hate replying to posts that boil down to "I'm a fanboy, but you're a bigger fanboy than me! So there!"
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#48MichaelDeAngeloPosted 2/9/2013 7:38:13 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
MD1500 posted...
Because Sony's first party games generally suck - as evidenced by their terrible sales.

Sony fans are desperate to play games like Mario and Zelda on their systems.
I have never seen a Nintendo fan, ever, wanting to play KillZone on Wii U.

This is what's wrong with the Nintendo fanbase. They won't even touch anything not made by Nintendo, passing it off as crap, and then they actually wonder why most 3rd parties don't want anything to do with Nintendo.

Why is it only the Nintendo fanbase that's like this? Sony and Microsoft fans seem much more respectful and open-minded to other game series.

Clearly you haven't spent that much time on this board yet.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#49maximumbarmagePosted 2/9/2013 7:47:04 PM
The Nintendo fanboys on this board seem positively obsessed with Sony.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#50scoobydoobydontPosted 2/9/2013 8:01:16 PM
I don't have to "ask around" art, you're notorious on the 360 boards for your spin and damage control concerning anything even slightly Sony related, and ignoring the verbal vomit you're directing at me your own initial post in this very topic proves/demonstrates your dishonesty and bias far outweighs mine (not that that was even my point, but it's telling that you assumed that was my point).
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.