Why doesn't anyone ever want Sony to go third party?

#71DiscostewSMPosted 2/9/2013 10:05:01 PM
Nobody asks why Sony shouldn't go 3rd party because........what would they offer?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#72LordcrabfoodPosted 2/9/2013 10:26:46 PM
Newbius posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
I just want Nintendo to go third party. But Sony probably will anyway.

that will never happen. Nintendo specifically stated that when the day they stop making consoles, they will stop making games all together.

if there is money to be made it will
#73ixoriaPosted 2/9/2013 10:38:42 PM
Sony makes the best hardware and is also home of the "best" 3rd party games. It's the complete package. Nintendo will never surpass Sony in making gaming consoles. Nintendo has yet to beat Playstation. PS1 and PS2 dominated, Wii gave up competing goes Full Casual Mode leaving PS3 beating 360 to dominate console wars.
#74Kilik212Posted 2/9/2013 10:41:21 PM
MD1500 posted...
Because Sony's first party games generally suck - as evidenced by their terrible sales.

I could not disagree more with this statement high sales do not= great games.
#75BlackWizardMagusPosted 2/9/2013 10:48:44 PM
Eh, Nintendo really should go third party. They make great games. But their digital download system sucks, their consoles are fairly basic, their controllers are gimmicky, etc. They could (and should) keep making handhelds, since no one else even comes close to them in that department. But consoles? Meh. As for the base question, I don't see why Sony should go third-party. Their hardware is great, and while the PS3 has only done okay, the last two systems tore it up. As an electronics company, there is every reason for them to continue making their own stuff.

Besides, I personally think consoles will start dying within 10 years anyway. Phones, iPads, and PCs are taking over gaming. Not just because of sheer power or convenience, but because they are making these things more accessible for gamers (and at the same time, consoles are becoming a bigger pain, with patches and crashes and jailbreaking, which kinda negates their main benefit over fiddling with a computer).
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#76DTY3Posted 2/9/2013 10:52:56 PM
Because for some reason Sony zealots want Nintendo games so bad but for whatever reason cant just buy a Nintendo console.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#77omescythePosted 2/9/2013 11:05:26 PM
if someone else made sonys systems and sonys games never existed the systems would still be good enought to sell.

if someone else made nintendo systems and nintendos games never existed the system wouldn't be good enought to sell.

thats the point of the whole going 3rd party. its about how good the systems are on their own.
#78Kilik212Posted 2/9/2013 11:08:56 PM
omescythe posted...
if someone else made sonys systems and sonys games never existed the systems would still be good enought to sell.

if someone else made nintendo systems and nintendos games never existed the system wouldn't be good enought to sell.

thats the point of the whole going 3rd party. its about how good the systems are on their own.

THIS
#79fakewarsPosted 2/9/2013 11:33:47 PM
ixoria posted...
Little Kids loves to play nintendo games.

I really miss this ixoria troll
#80SolisPosted 2/9/2013 11:42:37 PM
mini_blight posted...
Nintendo makes powerful hardware?

Industry ignores it.

Nintendo makes underpowered hardware because the industry ignored them?

Industry demands Nintendo go back to making powerful hardware so they can go back to ignoring Nintendo again. lol

The only thing that would make this industry happy is if Nintendo died or put all their games on competing platforms.

So the question is why should Nintendo listen to anything this industry says?

Nintendo has never given a crap at what game developers want, why should game developers care about Nintendo back? "The industry" will take Nintendo seriously when they make a console that's actually appealing to them.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review