I really hate it when people don't call the Wii U next gen

#1iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 4:30:03 PM
I don't even have a Wii U, but when people do that, it shows they are ignorant and unwilling to give Nintendo a chance.

The Wii U is a home console for new game that follows a 7th gen console, therefore it is a next-gen by definition.

On top of that, they have shown that it is more powerful than the PS3 and 360.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2digiblasterPosted 2/9/2013 4:33:17 PM
By the very definition of next-gen, it is next-gen.

It's somewhat (though we can't quantify it yet) more powerful than the 360/PS3.

The 720/PS4 will not be as powerful as people are expecting. There is no way that a leap like last generation will occur, and if it does, the gaming industry will collapse.

It's not worth convincing people. I made a similar (though very convoluted) thread earlier:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65409630
#3iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:39:20 PM
digiblaster posted...
By the very definition of next-gen, it is next-gen.

It's somewhat (though we can't quantify it yet) more powerful than the 360/PS3.

The 720/PS4 will not be as powerful as people are expecting. There is no way that a leap like last generation will occur, and if it does, the gaming industry will collapse.

It's not worth convincing people. I made a similar (though very convoluted) thread earlier:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65409630

Honestly, when I think about it Nintendo is the only company striving to keep Console and Handheld gaming from going obsolete. When a console just plays games on an ordinary controller, there is really no reason to have a dedicated console in a world of PCs and USB controllers. Nintendo tries to add things to keep it from going that way. So yeah, I agree, if Sony and Microsoft don't do something innovative this gen, the gaming industry will be hurt.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4teamaquashockPosted 2/9/2013 4:45:33 PM
If people over exaggerated the power of the Wii U, then I'm sure people are doing the same thing to the PS4/720.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#5diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 4:47:50 PM
iKhanic posted...
I don't even have a Wii U, but when people do that, it shows they are ignorant and unwilling to give Nintendo a chance.

The Wii U is a home console for new game that follows a 7th gen console, therefore it is a next-gen by definition.

On top of that, they have shown that it is more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

would u consider the iPad 5 a next gen tablet over the iPad 4? cuz that's what's going on here. there's good argument that Wii U is only a stop gap before PS4 and 720 arrive.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#6Manimal_F0r3v3rPosted 2/9/2013 4:48:04 PM
But it's not tho...
---
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'
#7donkeycoot233Posted 2/9/2013 4:48:11 PM
But it isn't next gen........
//////v///////////////////////////////////////////////////////i//////////////////////////////////////////t//////////////////////////////////////////a////////////////is////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
---
---
#8Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 4:49:25 PM
I't is a next gen, but performs like a current gen.
or current gen but performs like a last gen, dependant on how you see it.
#9SlimeSwayzePosted 2/9/2013 4:50:17 PM
Why does it make you mad? It's like you're choosing to be upset. You have the option of just not caring about things that don't matter, and this definitely falls into that category.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#10diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 4:50:43 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Why does it make you mad? It's like you're choosing to be upset. You have the option of just not caring about things that don't matter, and this definitely falls into that category.

yep
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade