I really hate it when people don't call the Wii U next gen

#51UmitenchoPosted 2/10/2013 1:38:25 AM
Tc, I'm over it. at this point we have to wait till the end of the year to see how the sales and games are and see what does Sony and MS does with their consoles. We can post as many rumors as we want but I'll judge them when they actually come out.
#52kdognumba1Posted 2/10/2013 1:46:56 AM
GloryChaos posted...
It is about power. Anyone who says otherwise has no clue what they're talking about.

The n64 is in it's own generation above the ps1 and Dreamcast. The Wii is in the same generation as the ps2, Dreamcast, and Xbox. For handhelds, the 3ds is in its own generation. It's a gen above the DS but a full gen beneath the psp and the Vita. It should be noted that the Jaguar is in the same gen as the ps1 and Dreamcast. The gamegear is a full generation above the gameboy color.

The WiiU, of course, is in the same gen as the 7th gen consoles. And as already stated, 8th gen will not be achieved until there is a leap in power. If the ps4 and 720 don't achieve this leap, then they will be 7.5 gen. If another console comes along that is slightly stronger, but not quite 8th gen, then the ps4 and 720 will be bumped down to 7th gen so that the new console would become 7.5 gen

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/sega_saturn_2s.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STdtSa9kiXA
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#53mini_blightPosted 2/10/2013 4:38:29 PM
PSOLavis posted...
mini_blight posted...
PSOLavis posted...
Precedent has always set that new consoles are significantly more powerful than their competition. Modern day gaming started with the NES which was 8 bit. The move to 8 bit was a big leap, not only having better graphics and more colours available, but more power. N64 led onto 3d gaming (a big innovation). Gamecube took 3d gaming far beyond what was possible on an n64. Not counting the Wii (for obvious reasons) the PS3/Xbox 360 took their former generation and improved the grpahics, power, and started having consoles be more than something to play games (netflix, movies, etc). What does the wii u bring? While it is more powerful than the ps3 (as one would hope) it is not able to do something so out of reach that it could not be dumbed down for the ps3. So you can play dumb and act like generations only deal with time, but that is unsubstantiated bs.

It's called the graphics ceiling. The point where games literally look like real life. We are almost there. Once we are there, there will be no more room left for future consoles to be all about graphics.

Why do nintendo fanboys always talk about graphics? Graphics are irrelevant, what new generations bring is POWER. Try taking the pc version of crysis 2 modded with crappy grapics on a wii u/ps3/360 and see if it runs. The grpahics suck, so it should right...right? As consoles become more powerful they are able to do more and more with the game. You know super mario 64 was originally set to be on snes. You know why they didn't make it on it? The snes wasn't powerful enough.

That's nice. But what I was talking about has just as much to do with performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AXjsMRDPrls#t=64s

If these "next gen" consoles are on par with current PC levels, then they should be able to achieve that or better if they don't use a more open large world like GTA or Xenoblade.

Using past gens to judge where we go from here is disingenuous or delusional.

We will never have a generational leap like SNES/GEN/TG16 to N64/PS/SAT, again. It's all about refinements now and after we cross that literal photo-realistic finish line. I am glad I get to finally see it and so soon, but once the shininess wears off, the industry will have to adapt to the new rules, or else.

GloryChaos posted...
It is about power. Anyone who says otherwise has no clue what they're talking about.

Since we already know PS4 will be current gen on steroids, that leaves the 720. Will it give us the huge generational leap everyone has been lead to expect, or will it be more of the same current gen plus? We shall soon find out.

All this current gen talk may just bite you guys in the behind.
#54undercover_jerkPosted 2/10/2013 5:12:34 PM
its the next-gen of the wii like the ps3 is to the ps2. Honestly its not rlly complicated.
---
playing atm: BF3, FF13
#55kaiser ryuPosted 2/10/2013 5:28:40 PM
iKhanic posted...
BkzUzi posted...
Next gen won't start unless the PS4 or the new Xbox comes out.
Sorry bro, but the Wii U is late entry to the current gen.

Alright, so that means that the Wii was in the PS2 gen. And the GC was in the generation of the Saturn and PS1. Yeah that makes lots of sense.

Actually what it means is the Wii was a slightly overclocked Gamecube repackaged with a gimmick controller. The Wii was an extension of 6th gen. Nintendo sort of sat 7th gen out on a gamble that payed off immensely.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#56knightimexPosted 2/10/2013 8:07:22 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
knightimex posted...
Wii U not next gen?

Show me any generation ps3 or 360 game that runs and looks just as good as Wii U's 1st generation the wonderful 101.

If you can't then wii u is next gen.
period
no debate
deal with it.

You don't even own a Wii U, so how the hell do you know anything about the game? Nobody has the game.

Have you not seen the sexy silky smooth video of it?
---
Old School Games FTW!
#57mini_blightPosted 2/11/2013 12:41:52 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
knightimex posted...
Wii U not next gen?

Show me any generation ps3 or 360 game that runs and looks just as good as Wii U's 1st generation the wonderful 101.

period
no debate
deal with it.

You don't even own a Wii U, so how the hell do you know anything about the game? Nobody has the game.

No one owns a PS4 or 720, either. Yet somehow people like you are acting like you know everything about them. Funny that.
#58AceMosPosted 2/11/2013 12:53:58 AM
mini_blight posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
knightimex posted...
Wii U not next gen?

period
no debate
deal with it.

No one owns a PS4 or 720, either. Yet somehow people like you are acting like you know everything about them. Funny that.

hey now stop that sony fans can be badly hurt by simple logic

they only under stand laying on the floor banging your fists and screaming till they get tehre way
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#59nonexistingheroPosted 2/11/2013 5:19:30 AM
digiblaster posted...
By the very definition of next-gen, it is next-gen.

It's somewhat (though we can't quantify it yet) more powerful than the 360/PS3.

The 720/PS4 will not be as powerful as people are expecting. There is no way that a leap like last generation will occur, and if it does, the gaming industry will collapse.

It's not worth convincing people. I made a similar (though very convoluted) thread earlier:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65409630

Actually, they will be as powerful as people are expecting. But the difference will not be as big as people are expecting. If PC's with 20 times the power of PS3/360 isn't able to have mindblowing graphics compared to those consoles, how could the PS4 & Xbox 3 possibly offer that? They're like what? 5-8 times more powerful than the PS3/360?

At best they'll reach current high-end PC game levels in terms of looks. And no, that's not upcoming games. That's for games already out. And that's at the end of their lifespan.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#60fuzi11Posted 2/11/2013 5:22:07 AM
by the very definition of next gen wii u is current gen. Wii is last gen, PS3 is current gen until they release the PS4, then PS4 is current gen and PS3 is last gen. As of now, PS4 is next gen, as it is not released yet.

Nintendo might be on their 8th gen of consoles, but Sony is, if the numbers are correct, on the 4th gen of consoles if the PS4 is released.