Can Nintendo survive with the same 25 year old franchises?

#1Murderstorm117Posted 2/9/2013 5:05:41 PM
I mean nintendo has had alot of success in the past with these games but I think time finally caught up to them. Lets face it these games really haven't evolved very much over the years. Zelda is still the same dungeons and items while mario is still just the same levels and power ups. Microsoft and Sony have had alot of new franchises this gen and nintendo hasn't shown much effort yet. just same blah blah zelda mario mario kart are coming soon.
#2Chocobo115Posted 2/9/2013 5:07:22 PM
Sure, if the drones keep buying without ever looking over the fence to see what the other side has to offer.
#3arvilinoPosted 2/9/2013 5:08:00 PM
No, why do you think they released their most recent best sellers Wii Sports, Wii-Fit(which according to the wikipedia-list of best selling videogame franchises is 0.1million behind Pacman), Brain Age, Nintendogs?
#4LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/9/2013 5:08:08 PM
Yeah. All I need is Zelda and I'll be set for another gen of Nintendo.
---
Long live the Hero of Winds!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybkvfujFU1r0a2hlo1_500.jpg
#5_FalstaffPosted 2/9/2013 5:08:28 PM
"Can Nintendo survive with the same 25 year old franchises?"

Yes.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#6PaperDolphinPosted 2/9/2013 5:10:58 PM
Of course, those are the best franchises ever.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#7wingo84Posted 2/9/2013 5:11:29 PM
This generation? Yes, with their next console (if that happens), no
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#8CranberryPSOPosted 2/9/2013 5:12:09 PM
Baseball has been essentially the same for more than 100 years, and is still a very popular sport.

Just because something is tried and true doesn't make it bad. Nintendo IPs typically stay true to what made them famous to begin with, while freshening things up enough to prevent them from growing too stale.

This is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Just once can we please have a topic where I don't hear someone say "Nintendrone", or "Sony Pony" or "Fanboy" or some other degrading term? Seriously, just once on this board I want to see that.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#9Z_ZawPosted 2/9/2013 5:12:28 PM
They could with some new franchises, but if those same franchises are just as good, I dont see why they should stop making them.
#10Z_ZawPosted 2/9/2013 5:13:28 PM
CranberryPSO posted...
Just once can we please have a topic where I don't hear someone say "Nintendrone", or "Sony Pony" or "Fanboy" or some other degrading term? Seriously, just once on this board I want to see that.

This is Gamefaqs, come on now.