Your definition of "Gamer"?

#1teamaquashockPosted 2/9/2013 5:44:03 PM
For me it means

Someone who plays videogames and enjoys all that he plays no matter what console it's on.

Looking through this board, everyone seems to have different view to its meaning.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#2jackorhoadsPosted 2/9/2013 5:46:42 PM
teamaquashock posted...
For me it means

Someone who plays videogames and enjoys all that he plays no matter what console it's on.

Looking through this board, everyone seems to have different view to its meaning.

I do Psychology, alot of what you see on this board can be explained simply using the "Lexical hypothesis". It touches on the idea you said about everyone having different views to one words meaning, Google and have fun :)
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#3Z_ZawPosted 2/9/2013 5:46:44 PM
I like games where I can brutalize hookers and commit war crimes, anyone who doesnt is not a real hardcore gamer and live the scrub life on inferior gaming platforms.
#4BrewTownGamerPosted 2/9/2013 5:49:18 PM
For me a true gamer is someone who places a game no matter what system it's on, or how old it is. One who plays games just for fun by them self or with friends and not just to get top of the leaderboards or brages about their k/d like it matters. Nope a true gamer in my eyes in someone who just loves to play games for fun an not care who thinks otherwise
---
You can be white, black, asian, native. The second you turn into a zombie im gonna blast you in the brain!
#5_FalstaffPosted 2/9/2013 5:57:55 PM
Gamer: A person who plays video games.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#6DiscostewSMPosted 2/9/2013 5:59:14 PM
A gamer is a person who plays more games than they do trolling.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7MichaeIPachterPosted 2/9/2013 6:01:53 PM
Someone who plays CoD, Skyrim, and GTA.
---
It's a profit deal.
#8Tsutarja495Posted 2/9/2013 6:02:01 PM
An obsolete term akin to having a name for someone who watches TV. Seriously, most people play some kind of video game. Whether it be PC games, home console games, handheld games, phone games, tablet games, Facebook games, whatever, they play something.
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/9/2013 6:11:58 PM
A person who plays videogames as an active hobby.(not to be confused with a passtime or casual entertainment)
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#10Z_ZawPosted 2/9/2013 6:13:46 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
A person who plays videogames as an active hobby.(not to be confused with a passtime or casual entertainment)

lolwut, I play football and soccer as an active hobby. But i would not call myself as sportsfigure because I do not play professionally. If you play something as a "hobby" you do it for entertainment purposes only.