Your definition of "Gamer"?

#11DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/9/2013 6:15:22 PM
Z_Zaw posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
A person who plays videogames as an active hobby.(not to be confused with a passtime or casual entertainment)

lolwut, I play football and soccer as an active hobby. But i would not call myself as sportsfigure because I do not play professionally. If you play something as a "hobby" you do it for entertainment purposes only.

A: Not true. Lots of people do something for a hobby because they want to get into it.
B: You're still a football player and a soccer player. Just not professional.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#12Skill4ReelPosted 2/9/2013 6:16:14 PM
_Falstaff posted...
Gamer: A person who plays video games.

Yes. That pretty much covers it. If gaming is the hobby that you turn to when there is time to kill. A "gamer" is what you are.
#13CrysianiaPosted 2/9/2013 6:18:10 PM(edited)
Someone who regularly plays video games.

Anyone can play a video game for like 2 hours a month, I wouldnt consider them a gamer.

atleast 5hours+ a week perhaps?
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#14scoobydoobydontPosted 2/9/2013 6:16:52 PM
Someone who plays electronic games on a screen of some sort, but not including strictly gambling machines.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#15TrixonePosted 2/9/2013 6:19:26 PM
I play SF:AE semi-competitively and I don't consider myself a 'gamer.'
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#16Virus66Posted 2/9/2013 6:21:19 PM
A gamer is a person who enjoys playing games but obviously have a bit more of an interest in it. I mean a person who only plays one game a year or plays Angry Birds on the train is hardly a gamer. It would be like saying that I shoot a basketball for 10 minutes every month and try to say I'm an athlete.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#17RelevenPosted 2/9/2013 6:21:38 PM
For me it means a new generation of self entited whiners and complainers who feel the need to define themselves by the hobby that eats up most of their time, despite the fact that very little of that time is spent on actual video games, and most of it is just lurking around the internet searching for more rumors or business figures to moan over until the next redundant FPS comes out for them to whine and complain more about.

Back in the 80s and early 90s, people played videogames, but they also went outside too. Sure as hell didn't define themselves by the hobbies they had. Kids today...
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#18teamaquashock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:34:15 PM
Releven posted...
For me it means a new generation of self entited whiners and complainers who feel the need to define themselves by the hobby that eats up most of their time, despite the fact that very little of that time is spent on actual video games, and most of it is just lurking around the internet searching for more rumors or business figures to moan over until the next redundant FPS comes out for them to whine and complain more about.

Back in the 80s and early 90s, people played videogames, but they also went outside too. Sure as hell didn't define themselves by the hobbies they had. Kids today...

Lol this generation right?

But to be fair ALL generations will always think they're better than the new one.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#19ZvolTxPosted 2/9/2013 6:41:09 PM
Plays games.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#20AShockCipherPosted 2/9/2013 6:49:59 PM
Someone who actively pursues their gaming interests.
---
MFW I passed SS
http://aftershockcipher.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4hajdo