C/D Nintendo has hurt gaming as much as its helped

#1Murderstorm117Posted 2/9/2013 5:37:07 PM
Now theres no denying they helped bring video games back but recently they have also hurt gaming. Motion controls were a cancer it pretty much doomed the wii and went on to ruin the ps3 and 360 for a while as they attempted to cash in on the success of the wii. Crap motion control games were made for all systems and created a disastrous influx of casual homosapiens. Nintendo is also very dated hardware wise as shown with the wii u im sure if it were up to them we would still be playing on cartridges.
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/9/2013 5:37:32 PM
Reading that post hurt me.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3Warmonger222Posted 2/9/2013 5:39:31 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Reading that post hurt me.

---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#4iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 5:40:05 PM
D x5000

Motion controls are great, and most of the Wii games using them were as well. In addition to being somewhat fun, they also expanded the market to casual gamers.

On top of that Nintendo is the very reason video games have an industry today, the only way to hurt gaming in a way opposite to that is to kill the industry.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5Beatperson14Posted 2/9/2013 5:42:47 PM
C

The Wii
#6diggyfreshPosted 2/9/2013 5:43:01 PM
D

Nintendo hurt gaming by making it too restricted, but they have delivered too much goodness to be ignored.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#7AShockCipherPosted 2/9/2013 5:44:17 PM
Well I'm sure you love paying over $100 to get a complete gaming experience then. If anyone still understands the fundamental essence of video games it's Nintendo. Motion controls are the one of the next logical steps in gaming, prettier graphics don't offer anything to the gaming experience.
---
MFW I passed SS
http://aftershockcipher.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4hajdo
#8mahboiPosted 2/9/2013 5:46:24 PM
AShockCipher posted...
Well I'm sure you love paying over $100 to get a complete gaming experience then. If anyone still understands the fundamental essence of video games it's Nintendo. Motion controls are the one of the next logical steps in gaming, prettier graphics don't offer anything to the gaming experience.

Graphics aren't that important, but saying they don't add anything at all would be wrong.
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 55
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#9EndgamePosted 2/9/2013 5:46:46 PM
confirm

****ing Iwata ruined everything
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#10NewbiusPosted 2/9/2013 5:50:44 PM
Deny