Are any (non trolls) worried about the Wii U?

#1ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/9/2013 9:46:52 PM
I am. I had been thinking that after Rayman is released things would get better, but we all know what happened with that. I can't really see Lego City being a huge system seller either. There's just no games for this system and the ones that are coming won't be until after E3. They might get overshadowed by the PS4 and 720 news.

So do you think the Wii U will be another GameCube? Worse? Or is there really nothing to worry about?
#2Pokerkid777Posted 2/9/2013 9:48:44 PM
I just don't want this system to become another wii where 99% of 3rd party games don't come to it.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#3Virus66Posted 2/9/2013 9:50:58 PM
Eh, not really. Most systems are a little sketchy their first year. Even if the Wii U turns out to be another GCN, I wouldn't complain. I loved the GCN, despite the weak sales.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4ElectricKaibutu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:52:08 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
I just don't want this system to become another wii where 99% of 3rd party games don't come to it.

Do you mean multiplatform third party games? I don't know if the Wii U will be powerful enough for those. I could be wrong though. I guess we'll find that out next year.
#5VoelgerPosted 2/9/2013 9:54:02 PM
I never bought a wii because the motion controls. I am so excited for the gamepad. I have Mario U and Mass Effect 3. I am also going back to those wii games that I missed.
Playing now: Mass Effect 3, Zelda Skyward Sword
Soon: Metroid Prime trilogy, xenoblade,Monster hunter 3 ultimate, maybe zombiU
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#6DiscostewSMPosted 2/9/2013 9:54:37 PM
Nope, not worried.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7_Sovereign_Posted 2/9/2013 9:58:09 PM
Virus66 posted...
Eh, not really. Most systems are a little sketchy their first year. Even if the Wii U turns out to be another GCN, I wouldn't complain. I loved the GCN, despite the weak sales.

GC was my favorite of that gen, PS2 close behind...I'd be fine repeating that.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#8PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/9/2013 10:09:13 PM
Im not WORRIED really, but I dont like the current situation. I have faith that Nintendo can turn it around though.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#9ChipChippersonPosted 2/9/2013 10:10:19 PM
No. I'm more worried about the state of the industry in general rather than the U specifically. I've been at this hobby for almost 30 years. I've been through many console launches so I have patience and a bit of perspective; the doomsayers are just an example of the zero patience, a.d.d. riddled negative nancys that are infecting society at large. I'm not saying the U is perfect but Jesus it's only been 3 months, I'm not ready to order the tombstone yet.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#10ElectricKaibutu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:18:21 PM
I'm a bit less worried after reading these comments.

Even if it is like GameCube we'll still get those great Nintendo Games. And I guess it is a bit too early to worry.

This launch does seem awfully like the 3DS's. We'll see if it picks up the same way.