Buying a Wii U soon

#1Arcm_YojimboPosted 2/9/2013 11:43:28 PM
I'll be picking up a deluxe version of the Wii U and I would like some games recommended. I'm open to all genres but sports.

P.S. I own a PS3 and 360. I also used to own a wii but got rid of it two years ago from lack of rpgs/games I'm interested in. But i bought Xenoblade, Last Story, and have Pandoras Tower preordered and eagerly awaiting Monoliths new "X" game.
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 2/9/2013 11:48:27 PM
You should probably mention whether you own any other consoles or a PC.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3Arcm_Yojimbo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:57:30 PM(edited)
I did but I guess it may look like a signature though.
#4SlimeSwayzePosted 2/9/2013 11:57:39 PM
Wow, somehow I totally missed that. Anyway, I have no suggestions since I'm in exactly the same boat as you, but hopefully someone will lead us to some good games (maybe on the e-shop?).

However, from what I know of the system, there really isn't anything outside of ZombiU, NSMBU, and Nintendo Land that the system has to offer to anyone who already has the other systems. You can almost surely find every other game on another system or on PC for cheaper.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#5O2AshPosted 2/10/2013 12:19:22 AM
Arcm_Yojimbo posted...
I'll be picking up a deluxe version of the Wii U and I would like some games recommended. I'm open to all genres but sports.

P.S. I own a PS3 and 360. I also used to own a wii but got rid of it two years ago from lack of rpgs/games I'm interested in. But i bought Xenoblade, Last Story, and have Pandoras Tower preordered and eagerly awaiting Monoliths new "X" game.

How did you find yourself a copy of Xenoblade? Used/new? :O
---
Professor Layton 3's Main Theme on Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2bbmzlmP7o
Megaman Legends Music on Piano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfQ4iyx0XE
#6wizardofwoz1Posted 2/10/2013 12:27:25 AM
I actually saw about 10 used copies of Xenoblade tonight at my gamestop. I was surprised to see so many.
#7PSOLavisPosted 2/10/2013 12:28:25 AM
Go to wii u page here, look at top 10 list. See which are out yet. Go to Wii page, repeat.
#8FewButCrazyPosted 2/10/2013 12:36:55 AM
ZombiU and Mario are my top reccommendations.
If you havent played them Id say Batman and COD are both fun as well.
I beat Batman on PS3 and still have really enjoyed the Wii U version.
---
PSN = QuesoTomorokoshi
Gamertag = Tomorokoshi
#9MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/10/2013 1:55:32 AM(edited)
First off congratulations!!!!! You are going to love your Wii U!! Maybe not as much as I do but you'll still love it.

There are so many AAA must have titles out already and they just keep coming!! 3rd party developers are practically tripping over each other to make games on this thing!! It's like a game explosion on this console!! There are so many good games to play I personally wouldn't get any rest ever if it wasn't for the fact that I have to charge the controller every 4-6 hours.

And the Miiverse is killer too!! You'll get temporary bans for making "funny faces" on your Mii or even a beard (read the ToS if you doubt that), or even saying something like "double U tee eff" (I can link a youtube video to prove it if you doubt). But hey it's still awesome!!

Oh and one more thing when you first put it in find something to do while you wait 2 hours for you console to update before you can use it, and pray your power doesn't somehow go off during that time or it'll "brick".

So yeah, welcome to the Wii U family!!
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#10GM_Posted 2/10/2013 2:17:23 AM
O2Ash posted...
Arcm_Yojimbo posted...

How did you find yourself a copy of Xenoblade? Used/new? :O

I found a new copy at GameStop like two weeks ago. lol