Would this system be better if it only had the pro controller? No tablet pad.

#1shotgunheadshotPosted 2/9/2013 11:34:26 PM
Would sticking with a regular controller been a better choice for Nintendo? Like ps3 and Xbox did. If Nintendo only advertised with the standard pro controller, would that have sold the system more?.

It seems a bit confusing to play wii U games on a tablet screen while trying to play on a Tv screen. Looking back and forth seems like it can be annoying for some. The 3ds can do it because it's all connected together. I am not trying to troll don't get me wrong. But the tablet could have been an addon for later to buy instead.
#2TheFallenPriestPosted 2/9/2013 11:37:13 PM
Do people have no peripheral vision? Sure you cant use it when at a store testing it out, but once you bring it home, there is not a SINGLE position I play games in that I cant see the gamepad with just a slight shift of my eyes. No less a shift than to check my side mirrors or speedometer in a car
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#3PSOLavisPosted 2/9/2013 11:37:58 PM
I think it would have been, since the system would be able to be sold for quite a bit less at launch. The whole point (I believe) of the Wii U was to bring back the hardcore crowd. But using a gamepad and no 3rd party support does not bring in hardcore gamers. They should have sold it as another casual system with certain games using the wii motion plus, while ones that would not benefit from motion controls would just use the pro controller. A big reason why the wii sold so well was it was very cheap and appealed to a new audience. Something the wii u failed to do on both parts.
#4ChargrilledPosted 2/10/2013 12:11:54 AM
Battery life would certainly be better
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#5Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 12:55:52 AM
It would at least be easier for me to buy the console.
The Pad controller is a bit of a turn off for me.
As well as the lack of interesting exclusives atm
as well as Nintendo's History of not dropping their prices unlike PS3/360 games
and more...
#6iKhanicPosted 2/10/2013 1:09:15 AM
shotgunheadshot posted...
Would sticking with a regular controller been a better choice for Nintendo? Like ps3 and Xbox did. If Nintendo only advertised with the standard pro controller, would that have sold the system more?.

It seems a bit confusing to play wii U games on a tablet screen while trying to play on a Tv screen. Looking back and forth seems like it can be annoying for some. The 3ds can do it because it's all connected together. I am not trying to troll don't get me wrong. But the tablet could have been an addon for later to buy instead.

No, because the Gamepad plays like a regular controller. It just has an added feature of the screen.

If you use the pro controller, it plays the same, but there is no screen
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7shaunmePosted 2/10/2013 1:12:02 AM
No, weak hardware+ no gimmick would make this fail faster.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#8ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/10/2013 1:18:07 AM
No, Nintendo needs a gimmick or else it's just another gamecube.
#9GM_Posted 2/10/2013 1:19:09 AM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
No, Nintendo needs a gimmick or else it's just another gamecube.

Which had dozens of gimmicks... such as Bongos.
#10Banjo2553Posted 2/10/2013 1:20:17 AM
If the hardware is unchanged, then nope. It'd be worse because it wouldn't have something unique to distinguish itself.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz