Why are people so bothered about rayman?

#1dmx4940Posted 2/10/2013 1:27:29 AM
Not really seen much about the game but why are people kicking up a fuss about it being delayed? Is it really that much of a big deal? The game has never been that good. There wasn't this much of an up roar over gta v.
---
http://live.xbox.com/member/Bigmanaw
#2ChipChippersonPosted 2/10/2013 1:30:31 AM
Was GTA even really 'delayed'? I don't think it ever had a release date, it was just a lot of wishful thinking that it would be out soon.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/10/2013 1:32:24 AM
Have you played Rayman Origins or the Legends demos? Rayman has changed considerably from hat he used to be, and the games are excellent platformers that are great with buddies. The games was supposed to be ready at launch, it was then delayed until Feb so that they could complete it. Patiently waiting, people anticipated this game and prepared for it, many already having paid it off. Not only that but because so many games have been delayed due to simply not being complete, this was supposed to end the drought, but then it gets pushed back 7 MONTHS just so the PS360 can receive basic ports, regardless of the fact that the Wii U version is complete and ready the release.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#4Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 1:32:35 AM
Because fanboys don't want to share their exclusives, that goes for all 3 consoles...
#5Baha05Posted 2/10/2013 1:32:38 AM
It's more the fact that the game for the Wii U is basically finished yet they are holding it back for a multiplatform release.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/10/2013 1:37:50 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
Because fanboys don't want to share their exclusives, that goes for all 3 consoles...

Who cares that it's not exclusive? I just want to play it.
#7FoppePosted 2/10/2013 1:40:39 AM
TC, Rayman returned to his roots, it's nothing like the rabbit games...
Why would people not be sad when they delay a already finished game multiple months?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8SocranPosted 2/10/2013 1:40:49 AM
The problem isn't the delay so much as the reason for the delay. The game is finished, but it was delayed for seven months just so that it would be released at the same time when the PS360 ports come out. After spending so long advertising itself as a flagship title that "could only exist on the Wii U".

Honestly, I never even planned to get the game, but that's a low blow.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9kdognumba1Posted 2/10/2013 1:43:00 AM(edited)
dmx4940 posted...
Not really seen much about the game but why are people kicking up a fuss about it being delayed?

Because the game has been hyped up for a year to be at launch/in the launch window, had a great showing at E3, had a demo that caught a lot of peoples attention, was completed after the devs slaved to meet the date, and the game was coming out in 3 weeks.

Is it really that much of a big deal?

Yes, for the reasons I just meantioned but also for Nintendo, Wii U owners, and Rayman fans as well because as I said the game was supposed to come out in 3 weeks but it also was coming out in a time frame that the Wii U desperately needed something new for attracting new sales but also to keep Wii U owners interested.

The game has never been that good.

I personally love the Rayman platformers and this game was my personal favorite game at all of E3 regardless of publisher or platform. If you're talking about the Rabbid games, that's a sub genre and is nothing like the platformers. If you have a Wii U, go download the demo.

There wasn't this much of an up roar over gta v.

This is actually the elephant in the room. It's not the fact the game moved to other platforms that people are upset, it's the pushback. Of course the reasoning for the pushback coming from Ubisoft makes sense... somewhat, as they want to release the game the same time on all platforms and reach max profitability HOWEVER they moved it to the same time frame as all the heavy hitters, really close to new console launchers but the real elephant in the room is they moved it to the same month as GTAV. It doesn't matter how good your game.... or rather any entertainment in general is, GTAV is going to steal sales from you. You want to launch your products as far away from it as possible.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#10EoinPosted 2/10/2013 1:41:35 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
Was GTA even really 'delayed'? I don't think it ever had a release date, it was just a lot of wishful thinking that it would be out soon.

It didn't have a release date but it did have an announced release window of Q2 2013.

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Not only that but because so many games have been delayed due to simply not being complete, this was supposed to end the drought

Why, exactly, would this matter as a factor in making people angry? It's not Ubisoft's responsibility to "end the drought".