anyone 21+ who still have faith in nintendo

#1jheartless1Posted 2/10/2013 7:42:56 AM
im in my late twenties and have been playing nintendo since the 80's. gameboy, nes, snes, GC, N64, and so on. i recently bought a wii u especially for titles i love like fire emblem , zelda, tales series (tales of symphonia), smash brothers and so on. all i hear is negativity from ppl that only play first person shooters or to be exact call of duty. im sick of shooters and dont even play my xbox360 anymore. i bought the wii u also in good faith that nintendo will continue to make good games and expand the online realm so that we all can play games with friends and ppl around the world. is there anyone my age with faith and what they like about nintendo or are these blogs just filled with first person shooter fanatics.
---
JHeartless
#2TCaC04Posted 2/10/2013 7:45:50 AM
I grew up with Nintendo. I have had every Nintendo console from NES all the way to Wii U. I do have faith in them. It's just each generation changes and the "Fans" have difficult standards to please. I'm happy with a Nintendo Console and a PS3/PS4 or PC. But I do understand where you;'re coming from.
---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4
#3jheartless1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:50:23 AM
your right TCaC04 different generation different time. i am glad nintendo moved into the online realm and cant wait to c more games online. i did mess up my nnid name and want to change it hopefully they let ppl do that soon.
---
JHeartless
#4jairusmonillasPosted 2/10/2013 7:50:45 AM
I grew up playing NES, SNES and Gameboy. But after owning PS1 and PS2 I can no longer take any nintendo games seriously, its too easy, very repeative and very childish.
#5jheartless1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:53:16 AM
to jairusmonillas understandable but most the games i play from nintendo are usually hard but i do c other games that are easy but 3rd party games should be coming as well
---
JHeartless
#6blinkfreakPosted 2/10/2013 7:57:29 AM
I'm in the same boat. I've had at least one iteration of every Nintendo system except virtual boy. I do not like the way the gaming industry is heading where everything is an FPS, DLC, microtransactions, etc. I absolutely hate it. Everyone says that Nintendo is behind the times but I feel like Nintendo is doing what is right. Having unique and fun games and offering DLC that EXTENDS the games after the main game is complete (NSMB2) and even offering free DLC. Offering digital games along side retail for those that don't want physical. I have had way more fun with my Wii U than my PS3. Nintendo just puts some sort of "magic" in everything they do be it games or consoles.

Nintendo is doing what I want the gaming industry to do but unfortunately video games have become so popular, and generic FPS games have become so popular that it feels like the majority of gamers just want better graphics and more FPS games.

Don't get me wrong. I like FPS games, or used to, but they get old when they are almost all the same. Of course back in the 80s and 90s the same could be said for platformers but I still love platformers.

I still play NES and SNES to this day and I thought Wii U might be the next great console like those were. I am impressed with the hardware and games I have played so far but it seems like the majority of the gaming community hates Nintendo's direction.
#7Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 7:58:59 AM
Ah well I guess i'll be called a troll and/or get ignored by loads of people.

Still owns all Nintendo console from NES to Wii except for a SNES.(and the onscure ones like Virual Boy and such)
While I still believe that Nintendo's games are excellent. I don't have much faith in Nintendo's hardware anymore after the Wii. I was disappointed by the lack of hardware power. And the motion controls grew boring rather fast. I just never felt the Wii calling me away from my PS3.
Maybe it's because Nintendo has always been put on the side of my main console.each generation for me.
#8ssj_duelistPosted 2/10/2013 7:59:25 AM
After the 3DS and Wii U, I'm 19, and I have lost nearly all faith in them.
#9Chaos_KreaturePosted 2/10/2013 8:00:59 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
I grew up playing NES, SNES and Gameboy. But after owning PS1 and PS2 I can no longer take any nintendo games seriously, its too easy, very repeative and very childish.

But Ni No Kuni isn't childish? Littlebigplanet isn't childish?
---
MHT: Zyzax MH3U: Hopefully the same, if not for some reason, TriforceKnight(also my NN id)
#10ChipChippersonPosted 2/10/2013 8:03:35 AM
I'm 35 and I really haven't been a Nintendo fan since the N64. The older I get the more I've come to appreciate what they do. Frankly I have no use for many of their franchises but despite that they still bring a level of charm, magic and pure gameplay that is still unmatched in the industry.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.