anyone 21+ who still have faith in nintendo

#51TalesOfGodPosted 2/10/2013 11:00:36 AM
jheartless1 posted...
im in my late twenties and have been playing nintendo since the 80's. gameboy, nes, snes, GC, N64, and so on. i recently bought a wii u especially for titles i love like fire emblem , zelda, tales series (tales of symphonia), smash brothers and so on. all i hear is negativity from ppl that only play first person shooters or to be exact call of duty. im sick of shooters and dont even play my xbox360 anymore. i bought the wii u also in good faith that nintendo will continue to make good games and expand the online realm so that we all can play games with friends and ppl around the world. is there anyone my age with faith and what they like about nintendo or are these blogs just filled with first person shooter fanatics.

Me, screw the children and their 360s. Honestly, the nintendo systems seem like the best (with sony close behind) and they always have been because of how much fun they are to play. Either way, Nintendo always has given me the best results so I'd have to say that I'm very happy with them and support them all the way!
#52Jonnyd108Posted 2/10/2013 11:03:24 AM
The older I get, the more I appreciate Nintendo. They offer a gaming experience that you don't find on other consoles (especially 360, I am sick of shooters and so much focus on online).

I really don't have time for games where it takes hours and hours just to get them going (I'm looking at you AC3, Mass Effect, Skyrim, etc) I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don't have a much free time to game as I used to.
---
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust...
PSN: ButtersThaatsMe WiiU: JonnyD Xbox: JonnyD1080
#53Kilik212Posted 2/10/2013 11:15:24 AM
jheartless1 posted...
im in my late twenties and have been playing nintendo since the 80's. gameboy, nes, snes, GC, N64, and so on. i recently bought a wii u especially for titles i love like fire emblem , zelda, tales series (tales of symphonia), smash brothers and so on. all i hear is negativity from ppl that only play first person shooters or to be exact call of duty. im sick of shooters and dont even play my xbox360 anymore. i bought the wii u also in good faith that nintendo will continue to make good games and expand the online realm so that we all can play games with friends and ppl around the world. is there anyone my age with faith and what they like about nintendo or are these blogs just filled with first person shooter fanatics.

I couldn't agree more my friend, all I see is cod and bf3 halo. People are seriously missing out on some really good games by being so narrow minded. What happened to gaming?
#54Yuri_the_GreatPosted 2/10/2013 11:18:00 AM
I have faith in them. They are releasing games that I actually want to play, like, and am willing to shell out money for on the 3DS (Etrian Odyssey IV, mainline Shin Megami Tensei games, good RPGs that don't look like shooters). With the recent announcement from Nintendo, I plan on getting a Wii U soon to get the games that I am interested in.

As a 22 year old, I know what my preferences are and I know Nintendo has the best chance of delivering them. Sony is second (thought about getting a Vita or PS3) Microsoft doesn't interest me at all.
#55ChipspiratePosted 2/10/2013 11:21:28 AM
Nintendo all the way.

I only played some Sony games (those that most interested me... mostly the Square Enix ones).

Have been with them since some late GBC games, all the way through the GBA and DS Era and really enjoyed.

Got myself a Wii (after having sold my old model years ago) just to play Metroid Prime Trilogy

It doesn't happen often that I sell a console and buy it again years later.

My PSP for example is collecting dust since I finished the few games I wanted to play on it.

My Gba is still on fire even though its that old already.

DS and 3DS also.

Can't complain.

Though certain 3rd parties bother me (*cough*Capcoms lack of Rockman*cough*)
---
mail: tinyurl.com/pascmail
#56kaliskonigPosted 2/10/2013 11:24:27 AM
I have never lost faith in Nintendo. I am 21 and have been a proud owner of each of their handhelds and consoles (I hate the virtual boy though). Though I do feel they made some bad decisions with the wii overall that console still had my favorite games for the generation.

I'm not strickly Nintendo I own every console and handheld minus the Vita. Like you I no longer touch my 360. Haven't touched it in so long and only went back to it to play Mass Effect. Now that the trilogy is on PS3 i have my 360 packed away. none of it's exclusives are worth bringing it out for.

I love my PS3 because it has some great games but when I hear people call great games on Nintendo consoles kiddy or dated I can't help but feel bad for the HD generation for missing out on some true gaming gems. It's not the Call of Duty's, Gears of War and Uncharted's people will be thinking about after they have long retired from gaming and only have memories. It's those quirky iconic titles nintendo continues to dish out.
#57ChipspiratePosted 2/10/2013 11:25:20 AM
ah... right, before I forget.

after reading what blinkfreak wrote:

Its true that Nintendo is the only company still around still sticking to their old norms.
That is what makes them a true winner already.
All the other companies will realize one day:

Other Companies:Hmm... we have the perfect graphics, why are our games selling so badly ?
Nintendo: You are lacking something...
Other Companies: What if I may ask ?
Nintendo: something fundamental.
Othel Companies: TELL US !!!1111
Nintendo: Your games lack... fun, you are so fed up with your DLC, FPS, Graphics, Achievements, 5.1 that you forget what really counts.
People that play games want to have a fun time playing games.
Thats all they care for.
---
mail: tinyurl.com/pascmail
#58crowe_1Posted 2/10/2013 11:36:20 AM
TheRealistKilla posted...
I don't have faith in Nintendo.

Microsoft blew the door open with Xbox Live and continuing to release new apps/updates that make the online experience to the next level. Nintendo will never have an online infrastructure as good as Microsofts

Probably not, but a lot of games still play perfectly well online which is all I care about. There is no party chat on Wii U, which is a bummer, but there IS Miiverse, which is awesome and Microsoft currently has no equivalent for, and there is video chat, which Xbox owners don't have access to unless they spend $100-150 on Kinect. Plus the Virtual Console, which has a much bigger variety of older games available than you'll ever see on an Xbox. (Not trying to hate on Xbox obviously; you're correct in that they have the best online available, but for $60 a year they'd better. Arcade also has way more good new games).

And while MS offers the best online experience, I doubt many would argue that Ninty has always offered the most solid local multiplayer. And that counts for arguably just as much as online does.

For the OP, I'm confident the Wii U situation will improve, though I acknowledge that it may not just because anything's possible. I'm not aware of a console that had more than a handful of great games available in the first year, so I feel a lot of the doomsaying is unwarranted. I know I have gotten 4 games for Wii U in the month I've had it, and I'm loving them all. Actually very pleasantly surprised that Nintendo Land is as awesome as it is. Amazing local multiplayer.

Oh, 27 btw.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#59AtalalamaPosted 2/10/2013 11:43:20 AM
jheartless1 posted...
Learn punctuation, please.

Nintendo is known for making weaker systems but excellent games that pushes said systems further than anyone thought possible (Super Mario Land 2 made everyone realize that the Game Boy, while a glorified toaster, could pump out some excellent games; Kirby's Adventure on the NES, while one of the last games, pushed the system in ways not believed before - having a 6MB cart. helped; Super Metroid astonished, Star Fox shocked, and Yoshi's Island & Donkey Kong Country should have been impossible for the SNES by conventional wisdom); etc..

They are also known for shady business practices (price fixing, aggressive behavior towards 3rd party devs/pubs, etc.).

I have every confidence that Nintendo will continue to make great games. I also have every confidence that they practically pulled a Saturn with the Wii U by releasing it before they had, for certain, a decent catalog of games both available at launch AND ready for release on a weekly basis thereafter. The games they showed recently (especially "X", Zelda-demo, & Wind Waker HD) look FANTASTIC...but how many years down the road are they?
#60TheBonfiniPosted 2/10/2013 11:47:03 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
22. I trust that Nintendo's future this generation will be great. They are making excellent decisions, in my opinion.

This is an example of the problem.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg