anyone 21+ who still have faith in nintendo

#61MordorFINPosted 2/10/2013 11:54:18 AM
I still have faith in Nintendo's own games, but i lost my faith in Nintendos hardware and regional decisions. Why?

Region locking NES / SNES controllers, 3DS

Forcing PAL-50 mode on European VC tittles (No Pal-60) and that you can't use progressive scan on Wii games on Wii U when using component cable.
#62LoveSheepPosted 2/10/2013 11:54:47 AM
More then microsoft or sony unreliable hardware never had a nintendo console break. Gameboys yes but not consoles. RROD(xbox) YLOD(sony) no more I spent more time getting my consoles fixed then I did playing them. Age 38
---
I rather buy games for consoles then buy consoles for games.
If a game needs DLC to be worth playing it is not worth playing at all
#63THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/10/2013 11:59:40 AM
Nope. Gamecube was the last time I supported them.

Nintendo's first will always be stellar I can't deny that but I don't like the fact they still haven't gotten their 3rd party games on home consoles issue resolved since SNES. Having this problem for a decade is unacceptable.

It's sad that a new numbered Street Fighter hasn't been on a Nintendo home console since SNES....That's insane!!! But it's not their fault as the Nintendo fans are also to blame by not supporting 3rd parties.

Nintendo system used to be all you needed. Not anymore.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#64Scion_MachinaPosted 2/10/2013 12:00:58 PM
Not so much with the Wii but considering the recent shower of games on 3DS and the fact that WiiU thus far is the only console without needing online connection to play games even if they're single player,Nintendo is the best bet right now only because the competition is shooting themselves in the foot.
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#65kUrUpT318Posted 2/10/2013 12:14:16 PM
I've owned every Nintendo console from the SNES to the Wii, I also own the original DS and a Gameboy Color. I continue to collect old games for the SNES and N64. Currently I've lost all faith in Nintendo. I remember how optimistic I was for Nintendo's "Revolution", and I went searching everywhere for the Wii. But it wasn't too long before I was disappointed in it. I mean, it had the core Nintendo titles (Zelda, Super Mario, Smash Bros). But I found that Nintendo marketing to core of its games to casual gamers. Every E3 was a disappointment. My Wii sat and collected dust, the only time I would ever touch it was to play Gamecube games. I have no plans to buy a Wii-U, nor do I think I'll ever want to buy one.
---
I really dislike Reggie Fils-Aime
#66xOmniCloudxPosted 2/10/2013 12:17:57 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
I'm 35 and I really haven't been a Nintendo fan since the N64. The older I get the more I've come to appreciate what they do. Frankly I have no use for many of their franchises but despite that they still bring a level of charm, magic and pure gameplay that is still unmatched in the industry.

This except I'm not as old yet :P
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#67Jason_HudsonPosted 2/10/2013 12:26:07 PM
Chaos_Kreature posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
I grew up playing NES, SNES and Gameboy. But after owning PS1 and PS2 I can no longer take any nintendo games seriously, its too easy, very repeative and very childish.

But Ni No Kuni isn't childish? Littlebigplanet isn't childish?

A drop in the ocean of PS3 exclusives. Killzone, Resistance and Last of Us (whilst not yet released, you can see the theme quite clearly) are clearly mature games.

Nintendo games are aimed at a more family friendly audience. That can get old after a while.

I lost faith in Nintendo after they released a console that was on par with the previous generation technology wise and didn't have so much as an HDMI cable or ethernet port. The Wii is at least good for HD remakes of PS2 games though.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#68blankempathyPosted 2/10/2013 12:29:38 PM
Jason_Hudson posted...
Chaos_Kreature posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
I grew up playing NES, SNES and Gameboy. But after owning PS1 and PS2 I can no longer take any nintendo games seriously, its too easy, very repeative and very childish.

But Ni No Kuni isn't childish? Littlebigplanet isn't childish?

A drop in the ocean of PS3 exclusives. Killzone, Resistance and Last of Us (whilst not yet released, you can see the theme quite clearly) are clearly mature games.

Nintendo games are aimed at a more family friendly audience. That can get old after a while.

I lost faith in Nintendo after they released a console that was on par with the previous generation technology wise and didn't have so much as an HDMI cable or ethernet port. The Wii is at least good for HD remakes of PS2 games though.

Guns, real mature. Personally I get sick of shooters really fast nowdays unless they're multiplayer. Playing a shooter for its story makes me feel like I'd rather just be watching a movie. Violent elements don't make a game mature.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#69ULTIMATEONAGAPosted 2/10/2013 12:32:24 PM
when my first wii u disappeared or got stolen, imagine how terrible I felt, bought another wii u and use it most time, so yes I like Nintendo consoles more than others.
---
ULTIMATEONAGA (ANEUDY PEREZ BISBAL)
#70DaMan1900Posted 2/10/2013 12:33:58 PM
i grew up on nintendo but to me unless they branch out with there games they are dead to me. nintendo has not done anything new or exciting in a long time. what nintendo offers now isnt anything different from when i was 5 and playing super mario world. I play almost any type of game...dont believe me look up my trophies on psn my id is DaMan1900.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy