anyone 21+ who still have faith in nintendo

#71McMarblesPosted 2/10/2013 12:34:59 PM
"Faith?" Sounds too religious for me. I mean... it's not like we're talking about Apple or Valve.
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#72Doom_InfinitePosted 2/10/2013 12:39:28 PM
Im like TC. Im in my late 20s, also grew up with the 8 and 16 bits. I still have faith in Nintendo.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#73xOmniCloudxPosted 2/10/2013 12:43:30 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
i grew up on nintendo but to me unless they branch out with there games they are dead to me. nintendo has not done anything new or exciting in a long time. what nintendo offers now isnt anything different from when i was 5 and playing super mario world.DaMan1900.

This too. It's good to have the classics around but when you're still pushing that as your main muscle every gen and have little else outside it to compare, it's hard to be as appealing as the competition. Especially since I feel many of the latest entries in their franchises fail to compare to the ones past. I feel like a majority of their 1st party stuffed peaked at N64 besides a few. Donkey Kong was at its best in the SNES days and now they have no Rare (which is a shell of its former self and at Microsoft now anyway).

I'm glad they have Monolift Soft as they make great stuff (except for Xenosaga Episode 2) but they're not known for cracking out games in variety and rate that Rare did either. Nintendo if it isn't going to get the third party support it needs then it REALLY needs to push more 1st and 2nd party stuff like Sony does and then promote its digital game outlet like Microsoft does.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#74FunkyhamsterPosted 2/10/2013 12:45:10 PM
Yeah, definitely. Like everyone has said, their games still have a charm and quality that few other companies can match. While they've had some serious missteps with the 3DS and Wii U, I think they've demonstrated their commitment to principles that I care about (making quality single-player games, no gimmicky microtransaction-based games, giving games high replay value, etc). The fact that they tie online purchases to a particular machine is bad, but I'm hoping that they'll see the light soon.
#75DRzazzerstainPosted 2/10/2013 12:47:28 PM
i'm 25 and i grew up with nes and snes. I still have my snes plugged in and ready to play, i also have (or used to) a n64 a GC and a Wii. Nintendo didn't really changed it's ways in the years, even in the nes era they used to have very innovative or strange (it depends on you point of view i guess) things like the sewing machine or the piano (yeah a sewing machine on the nes). What changed is that such things now come in europe and american, before they were japan only.
#76P00DGEPosted 2/10/2013 12:50:28 PM
I like their franchises, and I wouldn't consider buying a PS4 or Xbox 3, but I have lost faith in Nintendo. They used to be so much better in every way. Smash Bros will be the reason I get a Wii U, and the rest of my gaming will continue to be on the PC.
#77TrixonePosted 2/10/2013 12:53:08 PM
I haven't bought anything from the N64 times, which I gave away. I'll never buy anything from them ever. Sort of like 3rd party developers, never again support them.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#78UltraMarcusPosted 2/10/2013 12:55:05 PM
I hated the Wii because it felt way too much like it was holding my hand, but the Wii U has been outstanding from what I've played so far. I really loved playing it.
---
"You're scared of being insulted on the internet by a guy who goes to work in his underwear?" - Sniper_Extreme
https://twitter.com/Ultramarcusaway
#79Great_Pudding_3Posted 2/10/2013 1:01:14 PM
In my 20s, not even sure what this means. I own a Wii U and can't wait for the great games that will come out of it.

That said I've probably haven't touched my console...well, at least since the end of 2012 for sure.

Stop taking this war and faith stuff so damn seriously. Delusions of freakin grandeur. Enjoy what appeals to you.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#80KojaxFXPosted 2/10/2013 1:20:13 PM
well its not that the games are kid like, i favor gameplay and story over anything. But its the fact that their system doesn't have the games I want to play, the wii-u simply will be too weak and developers won't put games on the wii u they will stick to the ps4 and nextbox