A great idea for fellow Mother/EarthBound fans

#1DiscomasterPosted 2/10/2013 8:33:32 AM
So I see lots of great Mother/EarthBound related content on the Miiverse page for Balloon Fight, and that's fantastic. But why not take things one step further? I'm sure most of you have Club Nintendo accounts, and know how that system works. Club Nintendo is partly in play to give us rewards for buying their games, but it also gives us opportunity to provide feedback about the games and the systems we play them on. One has to assume Nintendo takes the feedback into consideration, or else otherwise why would they ask for it?

So I suggest this: Even if you don't care for Balloon Fight, head onto the eShop and purchase it for 30 cents. In a week, you'll be given an opportunity to make 10 Club Nintendo coins for filling out the short survey. In the commentary for both the game itself and the virtual console service, make sure to include an enthusiastic request for Mother/EarthBound! I just did mine and left something along the lines of "Us Nintendo fans want EarthBound!"

It's sad that Nintendo of Japan has already confirmed that they're getting it within a few months, and at 30 cents, while we have been asking for it repeatedly for many years. Something has to give here!

Anyways, as a side note, if this has already been suggested before, please link me to the topic for proof and I will close this one. :)
#2YoyokuKOPosted 2/10/2013 8:36:50 AM
are you going to break away from the union too?
#3Discomaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:37:33 AM
What?
#4SpawngoatPosted 2/10/2013 8:44:01 AM
Why pay to give them feedback when you can just send an e-mail for free?
---
"Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall" Christopher Hitchens
#5Discomaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:47:00 AM
I figure the odds are much greater that Nintendo is paying attention to feedback through their customer surveys rather than what is sent to them via email... After all, a potential paying customer is likely to be less heard than a customer who paid. And is 30 cents really that much? I've got enough pennies in a cup to buy copies of Balloon Fight for at least 10 people.
#6SpawngoatPosted 2/10/2013 8:52:05 AM
It's not alot of money but imo it's more than BF is worth since I have it on 3DS and never play it.

As for the paying customers, miiverse community consists of paying customers too and all the Earthbound posts just lead to stricter rules. Get everyone to spam the surveys and it'll likely just lead to answers mentioning Earthbound to be auto-ignored.
---
"Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall" Christopher Hitchens