How would you feel if Monolith's new 'X' game was an MMO?

#21ZvolTxPosted 2/10/2013 10:16:05 AM
I would be estatic :D
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#22kobalobasileusPosted 2/10/2013 10:54:20 AM
I would completely ignore it.
#23Semi45aPosted 2/10/2013 11:28:36 AM
Mmos are a waste of life
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#24CcroybbPosted 2/10/2013 11:33:50 AM
I would be so disappointed.
#25GigantLuffyPosted 2/10/2013 11:36:40 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
Interest would been totally killed.
I want stories in my games...

lolwu!t Final Fantasy XI had a great story. Best in the series
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#26TheWiseOne06Posted 2/10/2013 11:40:48 AM
Semi45a posted...
Mmos are a waste of life

MH3U will be my next waste of life while I waste my life on FE:A. All VG's are a waste of life, but I did understand what you meant
---
PSN - NNID:jmanup85
"Saying all JRPGS need to evolve to be more like FF is like saying we need to evolve to be more like Trilobites." - methosagain
#27Ness0123456789Posted 2/10/2013 11:49:47 AM(edited)
Lorthremar posted...
Chocobo115 posted...

MMOs can have great stories. What are you on?

This exactly.

Also this. Story telling has become a staple in MMO design now, even WoW, which you almost comically posted has no storyline. What, did you play it once during Classic and never touch it again? Storyline has become a major emphasis and focus in WoW since Wrath of the Lich King.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#28thedarklordx3Posted 2/10/2013 1:39:18 PM
Chocobo115 posted...

every single MMORPG has a story, the difference is whether or not you listen to it/read it/care

EX: twelve sky 2 has a story, but no one who plays cares, and anyone who would care would be turned off by it sucking just as much as the rest of the game

WoW has a great story as long as you're not a warcraft fan, if you are half the story will leave you frothing at the mouth as they ruin every character, but if you're not then you'll love the story because the only flaw requires you to know what the characters were supposed to be like

even maplestory has a story, although you'd be hard pressed to find someone who bothers to pay attention to it

every MMORPG and nearly every game in general has a story of various qualities
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#29thedarklordx3Posted 2/10/2013 1:42:45 PM
Chocobo115 posted...
Kazoka223 posted...
EternalNether posted...
You get offended easily.

Guild Wars 2
Star Wars The Old Republic
DC Universe Online

Just to name a few MMOs released in recent years that have fully voiced cutscenes and branching storylines.

although not voiced, Mabinogi has a very interesting story too.

Fair enough did some reading up and it seems like stories in MMOs has evolved since WoW & Ragnarok Online (whicch are the MMOs i have experienced).
But i still remain by my word that it'd be a total turn-off.
I just don't have any interest in playing with others online. And as i understand it MMOs always have areas you can't solo...

in a lot of games it's usually only the latest content(I.E the hardest bosses that require the best gear) that can't be solo'd and content that is specifically designed to take many people(raids), and the entirity of guild wars 2(stupid downscaling)

STE573 posted...
I'd lose interest. I don't like the genre as a whole and I find them boring generally. My hype for this game is a solid 8 at the moment. You can cut that straight to 1 if it is an MMO.

But then again, it could be the exception to the rule... But then again, it could be a massive grind with endless fetch and mob hunting quests... I think I'd die inside a bit...

japanese game developer =/= talentless south korean hacks who make bad games
---
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
PSN: Devilkingx2 msg me when you add
#30cavebear56Posted 2/10/2013 1:46:12 PM
Some form of multiplayer aspects that may be jump in/jump out, ok I could be behind that.

Full blown MMO, I'd have to know more but most likely not interested, if it follows more traditional MMO models.

If it was trying something rather different, I'd give it a shot.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.