Ok, how many of you in here......

#1Zato InfinitePosted 2/10/2013 7:41:14 AM
Chopped your own heads off when Resident Evil 4 got announced for the PS2? Come on, raise those hands. Don't be shy. Get those hands up. Maybe we can get some of those Sony fans to chop their own heads off if we can get Resident Evil 5 and 6 on the Wii U.

I'm all about the Wii Unity.
#2New LinkPosted 2/10/2013 7:55:30 AM
I love Resident Evil... but 5 is questionable and 6 is not even a Resident Evil game. I'd much rather get a survival horror game like how the series was before the turning point that was Resident Evil 4.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#3Zato Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:39:31 AM
Yes, yes, yes.... I know, I know but did you chop your head off when it was announced that Resident Evil 4 was going to be released on the PS2?
#4addictedtochaosPosted 2/10/2013 10:43:29 AM
Not a fan of RE so I didn't care.
---
Bobby McFerin once said, listening to only one kind of music is like insisting on living in only one room of your home your entire life. - Steven Sharp Nelson
#5lp913Posted 2/10/2013 10:51:15 AM(edited)
Seriously? EVERYONE will eventually have access to Resident Evil Revelations, so whats the point?

I certainly don't see 3DS gamers ready to "chop their heads off", not in the slightest.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#6SharkbiteR6Posted 2/10/2013 10:51:48 AM(edited)
Have you played 5 or 6? Trust me, nobody gives a damn about where 5 or 6 go.

Not to mention, that was back in the day when multiplats where not nearly as common and this more of a big deal when they happened. Nowadays multiplats are more of the norm, the Wii U is a prefect example of that

---
Currently playing: Dead Space 3, Persona 4: Arena, Xenoblade Chronicles, Brigandine
#7STN79Posted 2/10/2013 10:50:36 AM
I bought the PS2 version of RE4 but after beating it i took it back. It was better on Gamecube anyway. Then the Wii U version came along and it was basically the definitive version. I heard the HD remake on PSN doesn't even hold up as it's not true HD.
#8Christopher BelmontPosted 2/10/2013 11:03:21 AM
I think everyone missed TC's point...
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!
#9TheTrueNubPosted 2/10/2013 11:04:47 AM
If this is trying to be a clever shot at the Rayman fiasco, you fell flat on your face.

No one cares that Rayman is going multiplatform (and the few that do are silly for it) but its the fact that the game is done and we have to wait for it.

RE4 was done and released before it was ported. Rayman is done and isn't being released.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#10spikejetedPosted 2/10/2013 11:08:12 AM
I am gonna try to do this on one shot so here goes.

If anyone chopped their heads off when RE4 went to other platforms that means they are either not blessed enough to have more than one console, or are just greedy aholes.

The latter is obvious and need no explanation. The first renders many thoughts. Realistically the people who couldn't have another console could perhaps want to assure their purchasing decisions were good by hating other consoles and not wanting them to succeed. This I guess I just can't relate to. They may also just be super-dorks and only want Ninty to do good because they are,,,,,,,,loyal???? In anycase, RE4 was a great game and I am glad other people got to play it, not jsut GC owners.

My next point is regarding the whole RE4 was the turning point and 5 and 6 are even RE games.

Where RE goes as a franchise is entirely up to the developers. How the game plays is included. I am going to go out on a limb here and explain a valid point others that may not be deep-thinkers.

RE set the standard for horror games upon it's release. Not only was the game set in an eerie atmosphere with a horror theme, but you were exposed to suspense and odd camera angles. Couple that with extremely clunky controls and you will definitely get your players on the edge of there seats.

example;
Yeah you saw the Zombies. Yes they were moving slow. You had bullets but not that many. You destination was on the other side of the Zombies. Your control over your character was so clunky that it added an extra sense of anxiety. That you would somehow studder in your movement and get killed. That was the icing on the cake.

With the natural improvement of Frame rate and game tempo. You can easily see how that element was going to eventually going to be un/intentionally removed from the gameplay of the RE series. It is the natural evolution of video games.

I am sure you don't want to here this but if RE4-5-6 still had RE2 controls and movement everyone would complain that it was slow and clunky, and that it is the 2000's. This would also make the games scarier by nature. In an attempt to make the game "scarier" it seems RE6 demands quick decision making and solution discovery.

'Scary' is not the perfect way to describe RE games at all. (even the first few). They created an anxiety. Yes, some parts in the games were legitimately spooky, but just parts.

We will probably never get games like that again. They would have to clunk out the controls again.

Remember, they have to build a game around the control scheme. It is all important.

PS, not sorry for the long read.
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126