Did Ubisoft make the right decision?

#1ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/10/2013 8:37:58 AM
When I say "right" I mean business-wise, will going multiplatform + the delay make them the most money? Obviously releasing on multiple consoles is a guarantee of a bigger potential audience, but what did the lose? Good will can be hard to quantify but they sure lost A LOT by delaying the Wii U version unnecessarily. Do you think this will actually affect the sales of Rayman? I'm surprised that petition on change.org has already reached over 6000 signatures. It's not a lot really but it's about 5000 more than I expected.
#2Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 8:42:20 AM
I think the potential added PS3 customers (me included!), 360 customers together with the Wii U customers that are still willing to buy the game later on outweights the raging customers that were lost at this time.
We'll have to wait and see. If Rayman Legends can rack up at least 1.5 million sales it at least sold more than what I assume it could have sold next month (and then I'm rather opstimistic)
#3KAMMYqueenPosted 2/10/2013 8:44:00 AM
ElectricKaibutu posted...
When I say "right" I mean business-wise, will going multiplatform + the delay make them the most money? Obviously releasing on multiple consoles is a guarantee of a bigger potential audience, but what did the lose? Good will can be hard to quantify but they sure lost A LOT by delaying the Wii U version unnecessarily. Do you think this will actually affect the sales of Rayman? I'm surprised that petition on change.org has already reached over 6000 signatures. It's not a lot really but it's about 5000 more than I expected.

seeing how lots of people are boycotting it "as least everyone i know" and the game was already done i think it will sell less.
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#4HoundourPosted 2/10/2013 8:47:25 AM
Does it really matter in the end? Everyone will play the game. It will sell more because its available to more people. People need to get over the fact of going multi
---
I LOVE METAL
#5x2link777Posted 2/10/2013 8:56:40 AM
Houndour posted...
Does it really matter in the end? Everyone will play the game. It will sell more because its available to more people. People need to get over the fact of going multi

And "people" like you need to learn how to read. No one cares its multiplat. People are(rightfully so) pissed that a game many of us were looking forward to, is completed, yet, weeks before release, was pushed back 7 months. Multiplat or not, tha'ts utter BS.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#6ElectricKaibutu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:05:02 AM
Houndour posted...

I feel like this has already been said a thousand times but: No one cares that it is now multiplatform. People care that they now have to wait seven months to play a game that is already finished.
#7shadowx9471Posted 2/10/2013 9:05:04 AM
Well, they gonna release when GTA5 is released now... Which means noone will be playing this. This was the same problem with Origins, why would u release a game in the same release window as Cod?
---
GT/PSN: shadowx9471
#8HoundourPosted 2/10/2013 9:06:39 AM
x2link777 posted...
Houndour posted...

And "people" like you need to learn how to read. No one cares its multiplat. People are(rightfully so) pissed that a game many of us were looking forward to, is completed, yet, weeks before release, was pushed back 7 months. Multiplat or not, tha'ts utter BS.

"people" like me need to read? Well, first of all, stop with the jackass attitude. Second, People can be pissed, but in the end, it doesn't solve ****. Whining about waiting is ridiculous. It seems like an obvious business move by Ubisoft for them to make more money, so the fan opinion doesn't really matter to them. EVERYONE will get to play the game when it launches.
---
I LOVE METAL
#9qbertz716Posted 2/10/2013 9:13:57 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
seeing how lots of people are boycotting it "as least everyone i know" and the game was already done i think it will sell less.

You and your two friends aren't going to make a difference. The game is going to sells tons more since it will available to a wider range of people. Fact.
#10SegavsCapcomPosted 2/10/2013 9:17:19 AM
Of course they made the right decision from a business perspective. More platforms means more customers.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.