Did Ubisoft make the right decision?

#51blankempathyPosted 2/10/2013 12:50:56 PM
CapnStanky posted...
ElectricKaibutu posted...
Houndour posted...
Does it really matter in the end? Everyone will play the game. It will sell more because its available to more people. People need to get over the fact of going multi

I feel like this has already been said a thousand times but: No one cares that it is now multiplatform. People care that they now have to wait seven months to play a game that is already finished.

I love how Nintendo fanboys are pretending to not be upset that their exclusive is now gone. It's hilarious.

xbox fanboys spilling over from the xbox boards. Oh please put up your list of xbox games that you thought were goty, I found it hilarious.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#52HoundourPosted 2/10/2013 12:51:48 PM
this could get ugly....
---
I LOVE METAL
#53blankempathyPosted 2/10/2013 12:56:48 PM
Anyways back on topic. Personally I think the best decision financially for ubisoft would of been to release the wii u version on time and to release the other versions when they were ready. September is a bad month for a lesser known title to try to go head to head with AAA games. Im guessing ubisoft was paid some money under the table because financially it doesn't make sense. Even with the Microsoft policy of not allowing games to release before hand on other consoles before releasing on their own platform other games like ng razors edge is still coming out on other platforms even after being released on the wii u.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#54Ness0123456789Posted 2/10/2013 12:58:30 PM
Going mulch-platform is only bad if you're a completely obsessed brand fan.

If you actually want the industry to grow and the game to be successful, however, then going mulch-platform is NOT a bad thing for the game or the developer, only for the first party publisher, so long as the port is not a half-assed one.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#55TrixonePosted 2/10/2013 12:58:36 PM
Yes. But releasing it when GTA is going to be released was a mistake. They shot themselves in the foot.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#56P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/10/2013 12:58:45 PM
@Eoin

Good points. But I stand by that being an asinine reason that can be attributed to people's ignorance or stupidity. Calling a game "Old" and refusing to buy or try it regardless of reception or quality is stupid especially if you haven't played it.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#57P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/10/2013 1:00:59 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
Going mulch-platform is only bad if you're a completely obsessed brand fan.

If you actually want the industry to grow and the game to be successful, however, then going mulch-platform is NOT a bad thing for the game or the developer, only for the first party publisher, so long as the port is not a half-assed one.

Once more, nobody cares that it is going multiplat, that is fine. The issue is that a complete game has been pushed from a week to release and delayed 7 months just so it can be ported.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#58DemonDog666Posted 2/10/2013 1:50:41 PM(edited)
blankempathy posted...
Anyways back on topic. Personally I think the best decision financially for ubisoft would of been to release the wii u version on time and to release the other versions when they were ready. September is a bad month for a lesser known title to try to go head to head with AAA games. Im guessing ubisoft was paid some money under the table because financially it doesn't make sense. Even with the Microsoft policy of not allowing games to release before hand on other consoles before releasing on their own platform other games like ng razors edge is still coming out on other platforms even after being released on the wii u.

NG3 came out on ps3/360 first. NG3 razors edge is like an ultimate or GOTY version not a new game.
#59LifelessBoyPosted 2/10/2013 1:59:04 PM
Why worry about it competing with GTAV? It's not coming to WiiU anyways *rimshot*.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#60KAMMYqueenPosted 2/10/2013 1:59:47 PM
qbertz716 posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...
seeing how lots of people are boycotting it "as least everyone i know" and the game was already done i think it will sell less.

You and your two friends aren't going to make a difference. The game is going to sells tons more since it will available to a wider range of people. Fact.

you should see miverse
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U