Poll of the day is pitiful

#1PaperDolphinPosted 2/10/2013 11:30:49 AM
People buy games based on critic reviews and price? that's pathetic considering what idiots critics can be sometimes. And the best games are always the full price ones, the cheapest are usually either really old or complete garbage. Just look at iOS. It's a full on garbage dump.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#2NiftyManZPosted 2/10/2013 11:31:58 AM
What option did you choose?
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#3HejiruPosted 2/10/2013 11:34:04 AM
The problem with that poll is that people base their decision of a combination of those things. It's hard to just pick one, most people don't choose a game solely on the developer or solely on the reviews.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/10/2013 11:37:34 AM
Hejiru posted...
The problem with that poll is that people base their decision of a combination of those things. It's hard to just pick one, most people don't choose a game solely on the developer or solely on the reviews.

Exactly, I base my decisions on:

1. User, player reaction
2. Gameplay vids
3. Pro reviews

In that order.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#5Mr_Big_BossPosted 2/10/2013 11:39:03 AM
PaperDolphin posted...
the cheapest are usually either really old or complete garbage.

A lot of full price games are complete garbage too
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/10/2013 11:41:00 AM
I base my decisions on game info and gameplay videos. I don't watch reviews unless they are for old games or games I've already played.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#7TheStarCorePosted 2/10/2013 11:44:19 AM
PaperDolphin posted...
People buy games based on critic reviews and price? that's pathetic considering what idiots critics can be sometimes. And the best games are always the full price ones, the cheapest are usually either really old or complete garbage. Just look at iOS. It's a full on garbage dump.

I'm buying brand new games on my PC for 20, (Aliens, Tomb Raider, DmC). They're 40 on the other consoles which I'd never even consider, they're very much worth it at 20.
#8Chocobo115Posted 2/10/2013 11:49:38 AM
I base my purchase on several factors, such as trailers, reviews previews, word of mouth, previous experiences from games by the developer. All get transformed into a number which I call "Interest factor"
Then I divide the current cost of the game with the amount of expected hours I'm getting out of the game. this creates another number lets call it "worthwhile factor" (I don't have an own name for it) then I multiply the both factors and finally gets a number. If It's high enough I'll get the game.