The one thing I want the Monolith Soft WiiU game to have....

#21theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:49:36 PM
MooglePeru posted...
But FMVs suck and don't add anything postive to the game.

Jeez, you guys aren't RPG fans at all...

No, FMV's do not suck. They're awesome and they're rewarding. When they're handled properly, they don't do anything but enhance the experience.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2240DribylfPosted 2/11/2013 5:46:36 AM
I just beat Chrono Trigger 3 times in a row last week, trying to get all the endings. Still playing it too.

I even thought those animated cutscenes CT has are a waste of time.

Suikoden is also one of my favorite series, and it's a series not bogged down by CGI. Same with the Persona series. Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the very few games in which I enjoy the cutscenes.

So yes, I love JRPGs. I do not like FF all that much though. CGI cutscenes are still mostly a waste of time imo.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#23nonexistingheroPosted 2/11/2013 5:49:42 AM
Monolith proved they can do amazing in-engine cutscenes with Xenoblade. Their new game for the Wii U is released on much more powerful hardware, there's no need for CGI cutscenes.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#24Wario_manPosted 2/11/2013 5:50:00 AM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Nah, I prefer in-game cutscenes.

---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#25fuzi11Posted 2/11/2013 5:51:30 AM
Why don't people like pre redered cutscenes? Mostly they look amazing. The ones in the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy were amazing, and the ones from Diablo 3 were outstanding
#26nonexistingheroPosted 2/11/2013 5:53:34 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
MooglePeru posted...
But FMVs suck and don't add anything postive to the game.

Jeez, you guys aren't RPG fans at all...

No, FMV's do not suck. They're awesome and they're rewarding. When they're handled properly, they don't do anything but enhance the experience.

CGI scenes in RPG's added to the experience because it brought the world to live. It showed an accurate representation of the game world. Now, if a developer is competent enough, they can do that without using CGI at all. Yeah, CGI scenes are pretty rewarding. But those awesome choreographed fights in Xenoblade were at least just as rewarding.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2740DribylfPosted 2/11/2013 5:55:31 AM
fuzi11 posted...
Why don't people like pre redered cutscenes? Mostly they look amazing. The ones in the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy were amazing, and the ones from Diablo 3 were outstanding

I enjoy the ones in the latest Blizzard games because you never experience the games in that perspective.

JRPGs don't really need that angle.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#28Wario_manPosted 2/11/2013 6:29:22 AM
They take up space that could have been used for ANYTHING else and it is pretty much developers saying "Look what we can do!" It honestly isn't impressive anymore.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#29Oni_TaedoPosted 2/11/2013 7:28:05 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
I can't take you serious after you've voiced your opinion on TP.

What a joke.

Well... I think it's the worst Zelda game. Sorry.

Which is odd you say that, as the first Zelda game is the worst one.

And each Zelda game is better than the one before it. With the exception of SS, which is just as good as TP, but not better.

Also, it depends. CGi nowadays, is intrusive, and meh.
Back in the 90's, it was a welcome addition to games. I highly doubt games like... I'm trying to think of a game from the 90's that had CGI that didn't look like crap, and I'm coming up with nothing... OH! Right, Sonic Adventure. I highly doubt Sonic Adventure would have been and worse had they taken the CGI out, but it helped to draw us in by using spectacle.

Now that we have games that display similar quality visuals in-game, we don't need CGI.
And hell, did you see the CGI cutscene in Lollipop Chainsaw?! Made that helicopter scene in Golgo 13 (which was actually the first time CGI had ever been used in animation) look like freaking Avatar. So CGI cutscenes can stay where they are, in ugly ass late-90's games.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#30Virus66Posted 2/11/2013 7:33:55 AM
I'd much rather have realtime rendered scenes, not cgi. Graphics are getting to the point where they are really almost not needed. It's just a little jarring sometimes to see the drastic change from cgi to normal.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?