Why does my Plaza...

#1DinglesteedPosted 2/10/2013 12:34:22 PM
not show up different games with what people are saying about them? It used to work just fine but lately I just have the default Nintendo icons and Nintendo comments. Anyone know how to fix this?
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#2SonOfSolidPosted 2/10/2013 12:35:53 PM
BroadwayGPU could answer that question, as He was one of the few people on here to actually own a Wii U.

#RIP
#3Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:38:44 PM
OK cool story but does anyone have a non troll response? Thanks.
---
#4kuragari1anonlyPosted 2/10/2013 12:42:05 PM
I had fiddled with the settings in miiverse. That seemed to work for me, but it doesnt seem to for others.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#5KonkeyDonk435Posted 2/10/2013 12:47:32 PM
you're probably offline

everything else must be an error
---
2013 Year of the butt.''shows butt to everyone''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1lJFlB-89Q
#6Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:08:00 PM
No I'm definitely online.

Just called Nintendo and they ran me through a couple things but said that some people are having that issue and he took my NNID and serial number to report to the techs so they can check out some information.

Thanks anyways :D
---
#7LAA51Posted 2/10/2013 1:33:33 PM
I had this issue until yesterday. I saw many things to try which people claimed to make it work again, which you could try, things such as: Try playing all your Wii U games/apps again, going to miiverse settings and confirming it to show all games in wara wara plaza and to try going to settings and do a connection test.
However none of these things worked for me, and I did the account deletion trick yesterday, which I didn't want to do, but became desperate to just get it fixed. Be warned however, some save data can be deleted... NintendoLand/NSMBU saves were kept thankfully, as I definitely spent the most time in those games, you have to enable spot pass on NSMBU again though and enable miis to visit nintendoland again, but apart from that its fine. However, the saves for Tekken, Trine 2 and Mighty Switch force were all lost. I can't confirm any other saves sadly, so I can't tell you which saves can be deleted or not.
The steps what I did are:
1. Create a dummy mii
2. Create a dummy account for this mii
3. Link dummy account to dummy NNID
4. (Not sure if necessary, but after you go create dummy NNID, go to notifications and go back to menu, as it makes wara wara plaza work on that dummy account)
5. Delete your original account, but ONLY the user account, NOT the NNID.
6. Create a new account by using "Link to existing NNID", and pick your original mii and all the things you entered the first time.
7. Should be done at that point, you should have wara wara plaza fixed after checking the notifications and going back to Wii U menu.
8. You can then just delete the dummy mii/dummy NNID if you have no more use for them.

Hope it gets sorted out eventually anyway, hopefully a way that won't mean you lose important data. Hopefully Nintendo themselves will fix t at some point.
#8Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:14:21 PM
LAA51 posted...
I had this issue until yesterday. I saw many things to try which people claimed to make it work again, which you could try, things such as: Try playing all your Wii U games/apps again, going to miiverse settings and confirming it to show all games in wara wara plaza and to try going to settings and do a connection test.
However none of these things worked for me, and I did the account deletion trick yesterday, which I didn't want to do, but became desperate to just get it fixed. Be warned however, some save data can be deleted... NintendoLand/NSMBU saves were kept thankfully, as I definitely spent the most time in those games, you have to enable spot pass on NSMBU again though and enable miis to visit nintendoland again, but apart from that its fine. However, the saves for Tekken, Trine 2 and Mighty Switch force were all lost. I can't confirm any other saves sadly, so I can't tell you which saves can be deleted or not.
The steps what I did are:
1. Create a dummy mii
2. Create a dummy account for this mii
3. Link dummy account to dummy NNID
4. (Not sure if necessary, but after you go create dummy NNID, go to notifications and go back to menu, as it makes wara wara plaza work on that dummy account)
5. Delete your original account, but ONLY the user account, NOT the NNID.
6. Create a new account by using "Link to existing NNID", and pick your original mii and all the things you entered the first time.
7. Should be done at that point, you should have wara wara plaza fixed after checking the notifications and going back to Wii U menu.
8. You can then just delete the dummy mii/dummy NNID if you have no more use for them.

Hope it gets sorted out eventually anyway, hopefully a way that won't mean you lose important data. Hopefully Nintendo themselves will fix t at some point.

Did that and it worked! Thanks a lot :)
---