C/D The industry needs another console made by a VG-only company

#1iKhanicPosted 2/10/2013 12:43:07 PM
Sony and Microsoft make good consoles, but lets face it. They aren't nearly as committed as Nintendo to developing consoles, because they can drop out whenever it stops becoming profitable for them. Because of this, they focus much less on innovating the home console, and mostly focus on spec upgrades.

I think the industry needs another exclusive video game company in the console business. I think this would up the pressure on the entire industry to innovate.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2TheTrueNubPosted 2/10/2013 12:44:46 PM
No.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#3Moorish_IdolPosted 2/10/2013 12:54:35 PM
Three consoles feels like the optimal amount. It provides more than an either-or option, but not too many options to make multiplatform porting a hassle for developers.

If any of the three companies leave the console business, then I hope to see another third company join in (preferbly Sega), but until then it's good how it is.
#4leeko_linkPosted 2/10/2013 4:39:08 PM
I'm all for it as long as one of the other two electronic companies dropped out. Videogames are feeling more like movies nowadays that even an intro opening looks like a featured film.