The petition for Rayman Legends is pathetic

#71Electric_SonicPosted 2/10/2013 3:00:52 PM
ubisoft needs to be held accountable for it's s***ty decisions too

no sane person cares about the game going multiplat, they're pissed that a finished game got delayed for seven months, three weeks before release (after the devs worked their asses off to finish it), thus preventing them from playing it for that amount of time for no good reason

also the fact that they're now going to release it at a really bad time (around gta5's release) and thus kill sales

nintendo has made a lot of dumb decisions with the wii u but i fail to see how any of them relate to this situation
---
http://brawlinthefamily.com
#72DarkAdonis123Posted 2/10/2013 3:02:35 PM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Mixorz posted...
Baha05 posted...
Mixorz posted...
A one time expense now. Face it, in no world does it make sense to release the game for Wii U now, spend hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars advertising only to have it sell 150K, then have to spend all that money again in September when the bulk of your buying audience will be able to buy it.

And yet companies DO that all the time. Besides if the bulk of buyiers are going to buy the game in September then chances are they will get their money back on the ad, maybe more. We have no clue what the numbers would have been on the Wii U at all, nor do we have any clue of the PS3360 versions.

Wow you're dense. Again, why are they going to create an unnecessary cost and have to worry about recouping it when they can make it so they never incur that cost to begin with.

The only reason they would pay to advertise twice would be to appease Nintendo fans, but why? They showed no love when Ubi gave them a new IP launch title, something Nintendo themselves didn't even do.

Yeah you might upset a few message board posters, but what...they're losing out lets say 100K sales to sell 1-2 million going multiplatform. It's an acceptable loss.

**LMFAOIRL** Do you SERIOUSLY think this game is going to sell 1 - 2 million due to it going multiplat? Hell no it won't, it'll be lucky to sell 500K on all three systems worldwide. I smell fail with this one, and I smell a bargain bin title within 3 months of launch. I'll get the game when it hits 20 bucks.

Yeah but in fairness, it was going to fail as a Wii U exclusive. Mario was going to outsell it 10 to 1 if not more. They would've been lucky if they sold 250k in Mario's shadow.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#73IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/10/2013 3:05:04 PM
^ Fair enough, though I do not see how this title could've failed if they had just launched it in February. It could've very well sold 250K at first, and then jumped to half a million or more at least.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#74darkjedilinkPosted 2/10/2013 3:08:35 PM
I don't recall TC saying the outcry over Bayonetta 2 was "pathetic."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#75MixorzPosted 2/10/2013 3:08:47 PM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Mixorz posted...
Baha05 posted...
Mixorz posted...
A one time expense now. Face it, in no world does it make sense to release the game for Wii U now, spend hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars advertising only to have it sell 150K, then have to spend all that money again in September when the bulk of your buying audience will be able to buy it.

And yet companies DO that all the time. Besides if the bulk of buyiers are going to buy the game in September then chances are they will get their money back on the ad, maybe more. We have no clue what the numbers would have been on the Wii U at all, nor do we have any clue of the PS3360 versions.

Wow you're dense. Again, why are they going to create an unnecessary cost and have to worry about recouping it when they can make it so they never incur that cost to begin with.

The only reason they would pay to advertise twice would be to appease Nintendo fans, but why? They showed no love when Ubi gave them a new IP launch title, something Nintendo themselves didn't even do.

Yeah you might upset a few message board posters, but what...they're losing out lets say 100K sales to sell 1-2 million going multiplatform. It's an acceptable loss.

**LMFAOIRL** Do you SERIOUSLY think this game is going to sell 1 - 2 million due to it going multiplat? Hell no it won't, it'll be lucky to sell 500K on all three systems worldwide. I smell fail with this one, and I smell a bargain bin title within 3 months of launch. I'll get the game when it hits 20 bucks.

If that's the case as you predict, it validates their decision even more since the sales will be low and they may not recoup two advertising costs. But you're wrong and mad so no sense in trying to educate you.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz