You Should Be Mad About Rayman Legends

#21rildomeinPosted 2/10/2013 4:23:43 PM
You know a console is bad when people rely on Rayman, yes RAYMAN, to boost numbers. What Nintendo failed to do was make a console that's self-sufficient. No Nintendo relied on "innovative" technology and "ambitious" third-party developers to sell their console. It's liek building a McDonald's and only selling coffee. What do people want from Nintendo, hell what have people always wanted from Nintendo? First-party games. I'm not gonna buy a Wii U to play Assassin's Creed when I have it on Xbox/Playstation already. We want the same IPs we've been playing for over 20 years, just with new ideas. For whatever reason, they thought they could push the Wii U out without any of them. Super Mario U, yea it's the same friggin game that's on the WIi and 3ds with a few touch controllers. Wow I def need to get a Wii U now /sarcasm
/rant

To answer your question TC, yes Nintendo screwed up on this one. Was what Ubisoft did ethical? Maybe, maybe not. Was it smart? Of course. The thing about Legends was that it was going to be a premiere release, unlike all the other third-party games that were already out on other consoles. They were playing a dangerous game making it an exclusive at this point. If it failed they'd have nothing to fall back on. People that are upset about the situation need to see it from a business standpoint.
---
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca
#22Baha05Posted 2/10/2013 4:28:14 PM
rildomein posted...
You know a console is bad when people rely on Rayman, yes RAYMAN, to boost numbers. What Nintendo failed to do was make a console that's self-sufficient. No Nintendo relied on "innovative" technology and "ambitious" third-party developers to sell their console. It's liek building a McDonald's and only selling coffee. What do people want from Nintendo, hell what have people always wanted from Nintendo? First-party games. I'm not gonna buy a Wii U to play Assassin's Creed when I have it on Xbox/Playstation already. We want the same IPs we've been playing for over 20 years, just with new ideas. For whatever reason, they thought they could push the Wii U out without any of them. Super Mario U, yea it's the same friggin game that's on the WIi and 3ds with a few touch controllers. Wow I def need to get a Wii U now /sarcasm
/rant

To answer your question TC, yes Nintendo screwed up on this one. Was what Ubisoft did ethical? Maybe, maybe not. Was it smart? Of course. The thing about Legends was that it was going to be a premiere release, unlike all the other third-party games that were already out on other consoles. They were playing a dangerous game making it an exclusive at this point. If it failed they'd have nothing to fall back on. People that are upset about the situation need to see it from a business standpoint.

But there was no real screw up. Most launch consoles never rely on First Party games until later in it's first year. Most things the 360 had at first were third party titles and a few first party titles. It's mainly up to third parties to announce titles they are working on. Then first party comes along sand announces what they will have appearing on the console.

There is a reason why you can live off first party titles alone.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#23Dave_Kirkham(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:10:48 PM
rildomein posted...
/rant

interesting
---
I am not a screenwriter. I am a used car salesman. I spend more on toys than my own 3 kids and I hate anything Sony puts out even if it is widely praised.
#24Banjo2553Posted 2/10/2013 9:32:09 PM
I am mad about it. Moreso mad about the delay though.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#25djvampyPosted 2/10/2013 9:48:58 PM
I know workers in a few different gamestops in my area and they all have told me that wii u sales in their stores are downright pathetic. Many customers don't even know what it is. I guess I just don't see how people can logically defend how this system is currently performing. I admit , I fell for the hype and bought one etc. then after a month saw the handwriting on the wall and decided to sell it.
I just think its funny that people think RayMan would have turned things around had it come out on time. It's probably a decent game but nothing to move systems.
#26Dave_Kirkham(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:32:13 PM
Tiger Woods 14 not coming either? Dang.
---
I am not a screenwriter. I am a used car salesman. I spend more on toys than my own 3 kids and I hate anything Sony puts out even if it is widely praised.