Nintendo needs to make F-Zero for Wii U

#1Raider125Posted 2/10/2013 2:21:46 PM
30 player online races...HD visuals...Leaderboards...Miiverse communities...

I can dream I suppose :(
---
Gamertag: ShatterX
#2OMG_AIDSPosted 2/10/2013 2:27:36 PM
I don't think it's to crazy to think we'll see an F-Zero revealed at E3. With F-Zero being an upcoming promotional VC game and F-Zero's inclusion in Nintendoland, it seems Nintendo is trying to hype up the franchise.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#3STN79Posted 2/10/2013 2:28:09 PM
They should have made one for Wii but that never happened. Not too hopefull but it would be nice. Why don't everybody get one of those petitions going? Even though i doubt it would matter since Miyamoto's convinced there's no more market for F-zero.
#4leeko_linkPosted 2/10/2013 2:57:01 PM
STN79 posted...
They should have made one for Wii but that never happened. Not too hopefull but it would be nice. Why don't everybody get one of those petitions going? Even though i doubt it would matter since Miyamoto's convinced there's no more market for F-zero.

Miyamoto can say a lot of things and then forgot about it, don't get me wrong the guy is a gaming god and all but when it comes to deciding which games needs to be in development and what not he's not the brightest. Remember he once claim pl only play the DKC games because they look good, well he's wrong. Also Nintendo IP missing one gen is no sign that they are dead, the Wii/DS generation is the only gen so far that didn't see an F-Zero title, there's tons of other Nintendo IPs that missed a gen but could return the next (Metroid, Fire Emblem, Punch-Out!!, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, etc.).
#5GloryChaosPosted 2/10/2013 3:00:41 PM
Another F-Zero game would be great. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we'll ever see one...

OMG_AIDS posted...
I don't think it's to crazy to think we'll see an F-Zero revealed at E3. With F-Zero being an upcoming promotional VC game and F-Zero's inclusion in Nintendoland, it seems Nintendo is trying to hype up the franchise.

That's what I thought when Miyamoto showcased an F-Zero song for Wii music at E3. That didn't go anywhere though.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#6PhoenixRushPosted 2/10/2013 3:01:40 PM(edited)
Won't happen. Mario Kart will be the only Nintendo racer you get. Lord forbid anything they have competes with it.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#7STN79Posted 2/10/2013 3:03:32 PM(edited)
@ leeko_link

I see your point. I was pretty sure Punch-out would never see the light of day again. Then all the sudden bam Wii remake! That was awesome! If they do make another F-zero just leave Sega out of it this time. GX was good but somehow felt less Nintendo. If that makes any sense.
#8GloryChaosPosted 2/10/2013 3:11:34 PM
PhoenixRush posted...
Won't happen. Mario Kart will be the only Nintendo racer you get. Lord forbid anything they have competes with it.

They tried to push Excite games pretty hard on the Wii. ExciteTruck, ExciteBots, and then a wiiware version of ExciteBike. The games even let you play your own music.
---
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#9Stefan1277Posted 2/10/2013 3:25:36 PM
No one would see my dust of me running to get a Wii U if F-Zero is announced. GX was amazing and one of my favorite games ever. Mario Kart has nothing on it, F-Zero puts hair in your chest and it needs real skill to play. It doesn't depend on who gets what item when, it's just you and them in a twisted course at out-of-this-world speeds.

What I fear is that they don't take GX as a standpoint and they go into something completely different, mild, slower, brighter, easier, slower -- in one word, make the "Other M" of F-Zero.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#10GloryChaosPosted 2/10/2013 3:36:22 PM
Stefan1277 posted...

What I fear is that they don't take GX as a standpoint and they go into something completely different, mild, slower, brighter, easier, slower -- in one word, make the "Other M" of F-Zero.

I think Nintendo understands that F-Zero isn't a "for everyone" series and therefore wouldn't try to make it such if they were to make a new game. When Tekken Tag was being worked on, Nintendo convinced Namco not to make the game any more accessible on account of the install base. They also haven't told IS to make Fire Emblem any easier to play (IS did that themselves the minute the games started to come out in America).
---