Your reaction to: Nintendo making an "Other M" style Star Fox game

#1SAMCROftwPosted 2/10/2013 4:17:13 PM(edited)
A more character-story driven Star Fox game diving deep into the character of Fox McCloud and his friends. Perhaps a prequel where James heads team Star Fox and Fox is still training in the Cornerian Air Force. The beginning of the whole rivalry between Star Fox and Star Wolf, then begins the rise of Andross, the start of a war etc. etc.

Your reaction to this.
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 2/10/2013 4:19:05 PM
As long as its not as intolerable as Samus opening monologue, then this would be awesome.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3GloryChaosPosted 2/10/2013 4:20:47 PM
Before I answer, I need to know. Is Sakamoto the director? Is he coming up with the story and the narrative and the plot? If not, then yes. If so, then my reaction cannot be posted in this thread.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#4elheberPosted 2/10/2013 4:24:53 PM
As long as D-Rockets is not involved in the game at all.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#5SAMCROftw(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:25:23 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Before I answer, I need to know. Is Sakamoto the director? Is he coming up with the story and the narrative and the plot? If not, then yes. If so, then my reaction cannot be posted in this thread.

Let's say no.
#6toad133Posted 2/10/2013 4:40:26 PM
I'd prefer to see Starfox's gameplay amended before story is attempted.

Besides, wasn't Command story driven to a degree, and that was a key reason as to why it was panned?
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 2/10/2013 4:43:35 PM
elheber posted...
As long as D-Rockets is not involved in the game at all.

This... This is...

One could blame Sakamoto for basically everything wrong in Other M or Team Ninja for the gameplay (even though they were under Sakamoto's directives, sometimes begrudgingly so), but D-Rockets? Did you hate those nice CG cutscenes so much?
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#8SoaringDivePosted 2/10/2013 4:49:45 PM
Does it keep the original themes of the original games? Or will it be like Other M where it does an entire flip in all directions where the only similarities are purely aesthetic?
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#9YamiYugi4400Posted 2/10/2013 4:52:07 PM
As long as fox doesn't spend every cutscene talking about adam and how he wants to do him constantly, we good
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#10FullmetalChildPosted 2/10/2013 5:09:42 PM
If by Other M style you mean stylized combat, then yes. If you mean junky story, then no.
---
Never pet a Castform on a summer day.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story