So will Nintendo survive on just first party titles...

#1My_UnitPosted 2/10/2013 5:53:49 PM
with all these third party companies pulling their support?
---
(TDPS) The Dedicated Portable Society - Stand together for the general promotion of dedicated portables and the quality software they provide us.
#2Baha05Posted 2/10/2013 5:54:33 PM
A few devs =/= all the 3rd party support
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3rildomeinPosted 2/10/2013 5:57:18 PM
The opposite is happening right now. How could they be worse off if this happened?
---
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca
#4STN79Posted 2/10/2013 6:07:54 PM(edited)
If N64 survived then Wii U has outstanding chances. Every Nintendo Gen it's always the same. Nintendo is doomed!
They're gonna get crushed by Sony and so forth. I've heard it all before.

Oh no still using cartridges? Doomed.
Oh no games on 1.5 Gig mini discs? Doomed
Gimicky motion controller and casual games? Doomed
Controller with touch pad and no better than last gen competitors? Doomed.
#5SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/10/2013 6:08:00 PM
Baha05 posted...
A few devs =/= all the 3rd party support

He didn't say all. He said all these. There is a difference. Sadly, you're too ignorant to understand that and blindly rush to defend Nintendo, as usual.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#6ADHDguitarPosted 2/10/2013 6:08:26 PM
Survive? Yes.

Thrive? Perhaps not.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#7Baha05Posted 2/10/2013 6:10:23 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
He didn't say all. He said all these. There is a difference. Sadly, you're too ignorant to understand that and blindly rush to defend Nintendo, as usual.

And yet here you are blindly rushing in to bash me showing off how immature you are.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#8SonOfSolidPosted 2/10/2013 6:24:40 PM
BroadwayGPU would insist that NINTENDO only needs NINTENDO, and third parties should earn the blessing of developing for their console.

#LONGLIVEBROADWAYGPU
#NEVERFORGET
#9star_guy_100Posted 2/10/2013 6:28:07 PM
they will not survive. look at the wii the last 2 years. anyone remember how that went? i have a wii and i sure remember. 3rd partys were done with the wii so it was just up to nintendo to support the system. what did we get? we got a zelda game that got great reviews but was more mixed from fans. we also got a 4-5 hour kirby game. they also posted their first loss and really were not too successful over that time period

of the rainfall games, nintendo was perfectly content to never bring any of them over. xenoblade we only got because gamestop putting up some of the money to bring it to NA, and last story and pandoras tower because xseed wanted to bring it and nintendo said whatever. we also got tons and tons of cheap crappy games and shovelware

so in the last 2 years of the wiis life, we got 4 games. with pandoras tower coming later on. so 5 real games in a 2 1/2 year time span. so basically a 2 game per year average of high quality nintendo titles.

i really doubt they can survive 5 more years of doing that.
#10Lefty128kPosted 2/10/2013 6:36:06 PM
STN79 posted...
If N64 survived then Wii U has outstanding chances. Every Nintendo Gen it's always the same. Nintendo is doomed!
They're gonna get crushed by Sony and so forth. I've heard it all before.

Oh no still using cartridges? Doomed.
Oh no games on 1.5 Gig mini discs? Doomed
Gimicky motion controller and casual games? Doomed
Controller with touch pad and no better than last gen competitors? Doomed.

You can make it sound absurd by using the word doom, but cartridges did hurt them. They lost industry leadership to Sony and it's optical discs.