Nintendo going third party would be bad.

#51DemonDog666Posted 2/13/2013 8:11:38 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
You also need a Vita, a memory card for the Vita, and a copy of the same game on both the PS3 and the Vita.

That's a lot of money and setup for something that isn't that good of a feature.

You don't need a vita for remote play, psp supports it and why would you need a psp and vita?
#52Andrew21044Posted 2/13/2013 8:57:09 PM
The_King82 posted...
Imagine playing Mario in true 1080p on the next Xbox.

Let's hope it doesn't come down to this. I'd stop gaming altogether.
---
This is endorsed and loved by Tony Stewart.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gtp63s.gif
#53McMarblesPosted 2/13/2013 9:01:54 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
You also need a Vita, a memory card for the Vita, and a copy of the same game on both the PS3 and the Vita.

That's a lot of money and setup for something that isn't that good of a feature.

You don't need a vita for remote play, psp supports it and why would you need a psp and vita?

So you can play PS3 games on your PSP?

Or does off-TV play suddenly mean the exact opposite of what it means?
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#54SolisPosted 2/13/2013 9:14:27 PM
McMarbles posted...

Uhh, yes? How are people not aware of this by now? Here's the feature in action over 5 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASdFCTNA7I
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#55Faceman_Posted 2/13/2013 9:20:07 PM
The entire gaming industry would die if Nintendo went under. All these moronic Sony and Microsoft fans refuse to acknowledge the obvious truth. Gaming was dead until Nintendo saved it in the 80s. Gaming had died until Nintendo saved it with the Wii. Nobody gives a damn about the power that the other two companies flaunt except their fanboys.

Nintendo is the only company with the balls to innovate. Nintendo is the only reason home consoles are still relevant.
#56DemonDog666Posted 2/13/2013 9:33:34 PM(edited)
Faceman_ posted...
The entire gaming industry would die if Nintendo went under. All these moronic Sony and Microsoft fans refuse to acknowledge the obvious truth. Gaming was dead until Nintendo saved it in the 80s. Gaming had died until Nintendo saved it with the Wii. Nobody gives a damn about the power that the other two companies flaunt except their fanboys.

Nintendo is the only company with the balls to innovate. Nintendo is the only reason home consoles are still relevant.

blu ray is just as innovative as wiimote and alot more useful for gaming.

Solis posted...
McMarbles posted...

Uhh, yes? How are people not aware of this by now? Here's the feature in action over 5 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASdFCTNA7I

If made a mistake like that trolls like him would be quoting it for months lol.
#57genlockPosted 2/13/2013 9:32:56 PM
I get the attraction of Nintendo going 3rd party.
But honestly, they would not fare better but worse.
The people who want to play Nintendo titles already buy systems on top of the games.

The real problem with Nintendo is huge lack of innovation. Yes I will hear cries of the gamepad and such, which is a no brainer that has been implemented successfully for a long time. But notwithstanding, Nintendo is stuck in that Disney era before Pixar. They have shown almost zero new ideas and have been riding out a brand, not gameplay, for certain, and definitely not innovation.

I love(d) Nintendo but they have been digging a grave for a while leeching off decades old successes.
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#58pearl arowanaPosted 2/14/2013 4:05:54 AM
knightimex posted...
Absolutely nothing good will come of it.

I feel as if Nintendo is a major pillar in the gaming industry.
It'll be ok for the moment but growing industry cracks will be seriously visible that will cause devastation later on.

rofl.. what a joke!!!

wii u is almost a joke to its fanbase.. how can nintendo be a pillar??...
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#59McMarblesPosted 2/14/2013 7:27:42 AM
My mistake. You apparently CAN play a very blurry version of Lair on your PSP with remote play. God only knows why you'd want to play that game on a tiny screen with no Sixaxis support... But you CAN do it. You were right, I was wrong.

See, this is the difference between us. I ADMIT my mistakes and move on.
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#60FayeLadyPosted 2/14/2013 7:35:22 AM
The idea that Nintendo would refuse to function as a third party is laughable. They are not a magical entity. They have a fiduciary responsibility to make money for there shareholders. That means continuing to make games for other platforms when its no longer reasonable to sustain their own, or even selling IPs if they can no longer maintain them.

We are several years away from such a situation, but Its silly to assume Nintendo (or anyone making a set top box) could not function without doing so.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.