Anyone here old enough to remember the Nintendo game tip 900 hotline?

#11FoppePosted 2/11/2013 1:44:23 AM
Remember the 1-800 telephone number in the Nes game Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
After a few years, it turned into a phone sex line.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#12SocranPosted 2/11/2013 1:48:24 AM
STN79 posted...
I called it once for help on Link to the past. You know that part where you need the moon pearl to prevent turning into a bunny in the dark world? I couldn't figure out how to reach the top of death mountain and find the moon pearl. I felt pretty stupid when i found out what to do. I was like duh i could have figured that out. Hey i was only 12 cut me some friggin slack.

It wasn't that obvious. I mean, it's not like the game told you that the layout of the Dark World was different from the normal world and you could bypass obstacles that way. Friggin' thing had me stumped for a week...
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#13STN79Posted 2/11/2013 2:11:57 AM
@ Socran
Hah glad to see i'm not the only one! That was the first and last time i called the hotline.
After that i subscribed to Nintendo power and got my tips there. Too bad the magazine finally died out. :(
#14nonexistingheroPosted 2/11/2013 2:51:52 AM
My country had other lines for this, but I don't remember which ones.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#15KonkeyDonk435Posted 2/11/2013 2:53:56 AM
mmarkster posted...
I remember the Power Line. 1-425-885-7529.
My parents got mad when they saw the $109.60 bill.

i called that line some minutes ago

some guy said everything will be alright with wii u
---
2013 Year of the butt.''shows butt to everyone''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1lJFlB-89Q
#16Rasputin77Posted 2/11/2013 5:31:56 AM
*sigh* Life before many of us used the Internet and/or knew what is was back in 1992.

For sure... I miss those days. Sometimes it's fun to imagine the "gamers" of today standing at an arcade machine next to their opponent, when they would normally be spewing verbal trash and sending hate mails online... the convenience of our current technology is amazing, but it sure has bred some hateful little wastes of space.

Anyhoo, I remember that hotline, TC... good times.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#17Sinful_DesirePosted 2/11/2013 5:38:20 AM
i do
but instead of using it
we'd laugh @ the idea of people actually calling for tips xD

wasnt it like a dollzr per minute
#18b1gt0nePosted 2/11/2013 5:53:32 AM
They used to do free game support @ their 1800 number, if I remember correctly.
#19Mad_Dog88Posted 2/11/2013 6:06:35 AM
STN79 posted...
I called it once for help on Link to the past. You know that part where you need the moon pearl to prevent turning into a bunny in the dark world? I couldn't figure out how to reach the top of death mountain and find the moon pearl. I felt pretty stupid when i found out what to do. I was like duh i could have figured that out. Hey i was only 12 cut me some friggin slack.

I remember getting stuck there and contemplated calling the hotline but ultimately did not. I also felt really dumb when I did figure it out. I wasn't too smart back then because I was only like 9.
#20LordElohimPosted 2/12/2013 8:42:46 AM
The 800 number was free, the 206 and (apparently) 425 numbers were a regular toll call, and the 900 number was, indeed, $1 or more per minute. I would call the 206 number all the time, it was like the road trip from The Wizard in my house all the time.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim