Worst case scenario: Wii U gets the GC's level of 3rd party support

#1iKhanicPosted 2/11/2013 12:08:47 AM
Honestly, the Wii U can't do as badly as the Wii or the N64 with third parties, because it doesn't have the enormous boundaries those two systems presented to 3rd parties.

the N64 was cartridge based, and had all of the rules Nintendo had back in the day. Both of those ended up making it really expensive for 3rd party developers to develop for the Wii U.

The Wii has motion control as its main control scheme, and was an SD console MUCH weaker than its competition. Therefore, if companies wanted to bring their multiplatform games to the Wii U, they would have to add motion controls, and reduce the power of the game. Again a really big barrier.

The Wii U uses a standard control scheme, but has an added screen that 3rd parties can choose to use or not use. Therefore, even if it doesn't sell too well, I think it will at least get the 3rd party support the gamecube got, which actually wasn't too shabby.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2Beatperson14Posted 2/11/2013 12:28:01 AM
If by GC you mean Wii then sure
#3ADHDguitarPosted 2/11/2013 12:31:22 AM
That wouldn't be so bad.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4Chocobo115Posted 2/11/2013 12:47:20 AM
isn't really worst case for me. If I buy a Wii U, it'll be for the exclusive titles only, the rest I'd rather get on PS3/PS4.
#5STN79Posted 2/11/2013 12:51:33 AM
Gamecube had plenty of third party support. If you were paying attention you'd know that.
The N64 was the system with the worst support and it still lasted 5 years.
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 12:58:46 AM
STN79 posted...
Gamecube had plenty of third party support. If you were paying attention you'd know that.

If you'd have read the OP, you'd know that that is what I said.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7nonexistingheroPosted 2/11/2013 1:02:22 AM
STN79 posted...

GC had much less third party support than the other consoles though. Even the Xbox had a lot more.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8STN79Posted 2/11/2013 2:30:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9STN79Posted 2/11/2013 2:32:27 AM
There were a total of 646 games released for Gamecube. You couldn't find enough worthwhile third party games in all that? Not to mention the entire GB,GBC and GBA library that could be played on it using the Gameboy player add on. I don't know about you but i like to keep track of these things. Just going to the stores and looking at the shelf isn't enough. You gotta stay informed and keep up to speed on what's coming out. You can try to defame Gamecube all you want but the fact is N64 had less games in general and even less third party support. About half of what Gamecube had actually.
#10KonkeyDonk435Posted 2/11/2013 2:52:33 AM
n64 had the worst support.....can't believe people think the gc was the worst lol
---
2013 Year of the butt.''shows butt to everyone''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1lJFlB-89Q