No WiiU exclusives in UK top 40 chart for 8th week in a row

#21pikachupwnagePosted 2/15/2013 5:21:31 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Wii U proves they have Uncharted games once more! Damn, Sony should really watch their backs!

+1 internets for you.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#22strongo9Posted 2/15/2013 5:58:10 AM
Why do people even post UK sales figures on Nintendo boards? It's like posting JP sales figures on Microsoft boards.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#23AdamLazarusoPosted 2/15/2013 5:59:40 AM
strongo9 posted...
Why do people even post UK sales figures on Nintendo boards? It's like posting JP sales figures on Microsoft boards.

AdamLazaruso posted...
I'd say 'last'/current gen, the Wii was the most popular console in the UK, 360 was second and the PS3 was last.

I don't know where the hell this 'UK is Sony' nonsense is coming from - must be the American Wiiassurance squad who don't know what they're on about.

---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#24TheBonfiniPosted 2/15/2013 6:00:04 AM
strongo9 posted...

Believe it or not, Wii-U isn't yet discontinued in the UK like MS consoles are in Japan.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#25EoinPosted 2/15/2013 6:10:12 AM
strongo9 posted...

Not really. No Microsoft console ever sold well in Japan. Nintendo consoles have sold well in the UK - the Wii sold about as well as the Xbox 360 overall, the DS sold very well, the GBA sold very well, and the SNES sold very well (although it was the second-placed console in the UK and much of Europe, rather than first as it was worldwide). From vgchartz we know that the Xbox and Xbox 360 sold 2.16m consoles in Japan in total (I know, vgchartz, but please remember that Japan is the area that most accurately reports console sales, and has for the longest unbroken amount of time). During the same period, Nintendo sold over 22m consoles in the UK (1m 3DS, 13m DS, 8m Wii - there's additional figures to be added for GameCube and GBA as well).

The reason that people are posting about UK sales, then, is because this is news. It isn't like Nintendo sales in the UK are always dismal - Nintendo's previous machines have sold very well in the UK, so the Wii U failing to sell really is different.
#26monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:13:19 AM
strongo9 posted...

The WiiU isn't selling well in Europe or the US. It isn't a case that it only matters in Japan.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#27ish0turfac3Posted 2/15/2013 6:23:06 AM
Nintendoooooomed!
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#28monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:08:42 PM
ish0turfac3 posted...
Nintendoooooomed!

It just might be
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)