The ZombiU bundle is basically a pricedrop for anyone that had been holding out

#11DinglesteedPosted 2/11/2013 8:47:22 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
It is two games. Nintendoland is a free download for this bundle.

i see, then it is a good bundle. still wish they did not shoe in the pro controller though

The Pro Controller is the most comfortable controller I have ever user D:

I love it!
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#12TheBonfiniPosted 2/11/2013 8:48:53 AM
kissdadookie posted...
TheBonfini posted...
It is more money. So no, most people waiting for a significant price drop will not take the plunge for this unless they want more over value.

The bundle is definitely a good deal, but is still not a justifiable price for some.

Many people value things very differently. For me, the value ratchets up exponentially with a Mario 3D release. Price might not be any obstacle when my must play game drops.

I think that they will gravitate towards it. Reason being, most people whom purchases the Wii U picked it up with the Pro Controller any way (those were hard to find in stock for awhile). Only question is, do people really want to play ZombiU (it sold ok, but only around 300k or so, so maybe they were able to break even on the development and marketing costs but it's highly unlikely that it was a notable financial success for Ubisoft).

As for your assumption that with a Mario 3D release, value will ratchet up, not really if you are talking about growing the install base. The early adopters are really the ones whom are rabidly anticipating a new 3D Mario but they mostly already own the console. For the rest of the market, at least outside of Japan, 3D Mario isn't all that big of a draw compared to new bundles that clearly saves the customer a few bucks. If you recall the 3DS's first year, the majority of the sales momentum came around the holiday season and it was due to the fact that there were ridiculously good deals on the bundles at all retailers during the few holiday months (these deals are effectively Nintendo's version of a further price drop since the retailers are able to provide heavy discounts due to them getting deals directly from Nintendo, that is how the retail channels work, unless they are having fire sales on stock which they simply are unable to move at all otherwise, which thankfully the 3DS didn't reach that level).

I said for me, as in personally, the value increases with Mario 3D. And the 3DS only took off with the price drop, which also coincided with quality releases.

Wii-U hasn't had many quality releases scheduled for release in the upcoming month nor a price drop yet.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#13DragonyeuwPosted 2/11/2013 8:49:54 AM
Quite simply if you're planning on buying Zombie U and the pro controller with the Wii U, then it's a good deal. If Zombie U is of no value to you, then it's not that great a deal. And, with Zombie U being bundled there's bound to be alot of people trying to sell it off, so the resell value of the game is about to drop big-time.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#14SlimeSwayzePosted 2/11/2013 8:52:44 AM
Dragonyeuw posted...
Quite simply if you're planning on buying Zombie U and the pro controller with the Wii U, then it's a good deal. If Zombie U is of no value to you, then it's not that great a deal. And, with Zombie U being bundled there's bound to be alot of people trying to sell it off, so the resell value of the game is about to drop big-time.

This is true. I know I want to try Zombi U (and Nintendo Land), I know I want the Pro Controller, and I know I want a Deluxe. That's why I've pre-ordered the bundle. Nonetheless, I don't think it's that great of a deal, and there is still a part of me that feels like a sucker for ordering it. However, my tax return is burning a hole in my ass and I want to buy some new electronics, so this is just what needs to happen.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#15_FalstaffPosted 2/11/2013 10:10:43 AM
Classic marketing: Get people to spend more money on your product while tricking them into believing they're spending less.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#16SlimeSwayzePosted 2/11/2013 10:30:53 AM
_Falstaff posted...
Classic marketing: Get people to spend more money on your product while tricking them into believing they're spending less.

It's definitely in Nintendo's interests to offer this bundle (they should continue to offer more bundles, I think), but it's also smart consumption. For those of us who want everything in the bundle, we're saving significantly compared to what early adopters, or those who buy everything separately, would spend. The value of this bundle definitely lies in whether you absolutely want everything in it. For those of us who do, it's a smart enough buy.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.