If neither Sony nor Microsoft copy Nintendo with putting a screen on the remote

#21tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/11/2013 10:29:42 AM
Congratulations kissdadookie; your rabid anti-Nintendo bias continues to reveal itself prominently. Nothing you're saying here is holding up and everyone has already destroyed you. Not that you care, but you're inches away from the ignore list (probably should have already been there awhile ago).
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#22Oni_TaedoPosted 2/11/2013 10:30:41 AM
kissdadookie posted...
TheBonfini posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Um Nintendo already copied Sony with it. Ever hear of remote play?

Copied isn't only a juvenile descriptor of what really goes on.. "Stop copy catting me!"

It is just incorrect. They both have patents to rely on for protection.

More drew inspiration from and applied the technology to create their own product.

I wouldn't say that. Nintendo after all did come up with the analogue stick concept for 3D action games and then later dual analogue. To say that Nintendo drew inspiration from elsewhere isn't entirely correct since Nintendo essentially does everything in their own little bubble. The two screen aspect of the Wii U along with the touchscreen on the secondary screen is obviously an idea which they have had since the DS, the only real inspiration they drew from elsewhere is the secondary screen augmenting things like watching TV which they've most likely taken inspiration from seeing how people utilize the iPad with their TV viewing.

Nintendo didn't come up the analog stick, they just popularized it.
There were analog Atari 2600 controllers.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#23SS4_NamreppivPosted 2/11/2013 10:48:10 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/18/report-sony-retiring-dualshock-with-ps4

A new report is suggesting that Sony will ditch the DualShock controller for the PS4 and instead create a new one possibly containing a LCD touch screen or even biometrics.

An unnamed source spoke to CVG and claimed that many of the controllers currently being tested by Sony's R&D department mark a rapid departure from the loyal DualShock, which has served PlayStation consoles for 16 years.

These versions apparently include new additions ranging from an integrated LCD touch screen to biometric sensors on the grips. A second source explained that Sony was supposedly trying to emulate the UI philosophies behind the Vita, and this is what inspired the whole touch screen thing.

It looks like the copying is very likely.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#24PigfartsPosted 2/11/2013 10:50:03 AM
b1gt0ne posted...
Next Dualshock = fail
Kinect = fail

all 3 will fail, ps should stick with what worked for the last 18 years, and xbox's controll is pretty good also.

If ps makes the stupid break apart conroller with a heart rate monitor its going to be stupid.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#25TheBonfiniPosted 2/11/2013 10:57:54 AM
kissdadookie posted...
TheBonfini posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Um Nintendo already copied Sony with it. Ever hear of remote play?

Copied isn't only a juvenile descriptor of what really goes on.. "Stop copy catting me!"

It is just incorrect. They both have patents to rely on for protection.

More drew inspiration from and applied the technology to create their own product.

I wouldn't say that. Nintendo after all did come up with the analogue stick concept for 3D action games and then later dual analogue. To say that Nintendo drew inspiration from elsewhere isn't entirely correct since Nintendo essentially does everything in their own little bubble. The two screen aspect of the Wii U along with the touchscreen on the secondary screen is obviously an idea which they have had since the DS, the only real inspiration they drew from elsewhere is the secondary screen augmenting things like watching TV which they've most likely taken inspiration from seeing how people utilize the iPad with their TV viewing.

Ignorance of what other companies are doing is not a defense with patent infringements. I am not saying a company copied any other, since I am sure they would be sued. I am saying as obvious as some of the technologies are drawn from elsewhere, they do change them enough to be innovative in their own right to not be copy.

Copy has a very specific definition. I just feel that term isn't used properly to describe this situation.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#26SlimeSwayzePosted 2/11/2013 10:59:59 AM
If Sony and MS put a screen on their controller, I don't think it would be accurate to say they were copying Nintendo. With the success of tablets and similar devices, it's just a logical step, even though I personally hate playing games on touch screens.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#27Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:36:21 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Well they need SOMETHING for their next consoles. Maybe not necessarily copying but something to push the device. Better graphics and additional services isn't going to cut it this time around.

Well, Nintendo tried a new gimmick and its not working for them. Maybe better graphic is the only way to go
---
May 7th 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#28uneedtowakeupPosted 2/11/2013 11:57:20 AM
SNES was a success and sony copied it with the PSX
N64 was a succeed and sony copied it with the PSX
Gamecube was a flop and sony DIDN'Tcopy it with the PS2
WII was a success and sony copied it with the PS3
WII U is a flop so far so I don't see sony having a screen and it will only drive the cost up even more on a most likely expensive powerful console.
#29darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/11/2013 12:02:41 PM
TheBonfini posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
Well they need SOMETHING for their next consoles. Maybe not necessarily copying but something to push the device. Better graphics and additional services isn't going to cut it this time around.

It has every other generation, why not next?

Why? Because it's getting stale even for core gamers. Development is much more costly now. Gaming has to evolve beyond fancy graphical specs or it's just going to be the 1980s crash all over again. Even the new services that we were provided with this previous generation isn't enough to entice people anymore because it's everywhere now.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!