next gen gaming

#1NejivsSasukePosted 2/11/2013 10:31:02 AM
really how powerful does a CONSOLE have to be to excite the general public?
the wii U is powerful enough with its custom GPU at least for me it is. games will take forever to come out with ultra realistic FPS.

Games on the horizon look good i really don't see what the problem is can someone care to explain?
---
PSN SLimhomie
Nintedo ID Orionlion
#2silverbulltPosted 2/11/2013 10:40:44 AM
NejivsSasuke posted...
the wii U is powerful enough with its custom GPU at least for me it is. games will take forever to come out with ultra realistic FPS.

Games on the horizon look good i really don't see what the problem is can someone care to explain?

I have a feeling you don't even know what a ROP is!
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#3NejivsSasuke(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:47:35 AM
i do know, my point is its custom made with unknown potential
---
PSN SLimhomie
Nintedo ID Orionlion
#4RedOrionPosted 2/11/2013 10:51:34 AM(edited)
NejivsSasuke posted...

Yes that's true, but it's a blessing as much as a curse. Look at what happened to the PS3's Cell processor, it took developers quite sometime to understand it. The same will be for the Wii U, Nintendo recently stated that "Time will fix the Wii U's development gap". I'm confident the Wii U will be able to output some impressive tittles in the long run, We might just have to wait a bit.
#5trenkenPosted 2/11/2013 10:52:41 AM(edited)
NejivsSasuke posted...

Im a bit older, and remember people saying the SNES was the pinnacle and there was no need for it to be any more powerful. I still have an issue of EGM with their editors saying that gaming should stop there and not worry about power anymore.

Power isnt just about being realistic. Imagine being able to play a Zelda game where every blade of grass blows with the breeze, every leaf on a tree ruffles in the wind. Impossible on the U, but is possible on modern gaming PCs, which the PS4 may well be closer to since they dont need to sell a controller with a screen in it.

People spend their money on consoles and then feel some need to justify why its good enough, which is fine, but dont act like theres absolutely no reason why it would be better if it were more powerful. It just a fact that the games would be better. Every gen people say the same thing, "we dont need more power", and what happens every 5 years? More powerful machines still end up coming out, and everyone loves them.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#6zalmutePosted 2/11/2013 10:57:09 AM
RedOrion posted...
NejivsSasuke posted...

Yes that's true, but it's a blessing as much as a curse. Look at what happened to the PS3's Cell processor, it took developers quite sometime to understand it. The same will be for the Wii U, Nintendo recently stated that "Time will fix the Wii U's development gap". I'm confident the Wii U will be able to output some impressive tittles in the long run, We might just have to wait a bit.

I agree with this.
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device each year.
#7RedOrionPosted 2/11/2013 10:58:31 AM
trenken posted...
NejivsSasuke posted...

Im a bit older, and remember people saying the SNES was the pinnacle and there was no need for it to be any more powerful. I still have an issue of EGM with their editors saying that gaming should stop there and not worry about power anymore.

Power isnt just about being realistic. Imagine being able to play a Zelda game where every blade of grass blows with the breeze, every leaf on a tree ruffles in the wind. Impossible on the U, but is possible on modern gaming PCs, which the PS4 may well be closer to since they dont need to sell a controller with a screen in it.

People spend their money on consoles and then feel some need to justify why its good enough, which is fine, but dont act like theres absolutely no reason why it would be better if it were more powerful. It just a fact that the games would be better. Every gen people say the same thing, "we dont need more power", and what happens every 5 years? More powerful machines still end up coming out, and everyone loves them.

That's a big statement, but I'm not surprised you have nothing to back it up with. Modern PCs already outperform the Wii U, PS4 and 720. Consoles need to have a Niche in order to be considered alluring, There's just no logical reason to compete with the PC. As of right now we don't if or what kind of Niche the PS4 and 720 will bring, though we have some good indications (improved Kinect), And we also don't what kind of manufacturing costs they might add.
#8DiscostewSMPosted 2/11/2013 11:00:00 AM
trenken posted...
which the PS4 may well be closer to since they dont need to sell a controller with a screen in it.

Yet, wasn't it rumored that the PS4 controller would have a screen on it?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 2/11/2013 11:02:16 AM
RedOrion posted...
NejivsSasuke posted...

Smartest sentence ever posted on Gamefaqs.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#10NejivsSasuke(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:24:19 AM
Im willing to wait i mean with real life, games like monster hunter with high login hours and playability currently playing xenoblade. what else do i need?

now it would be nice to say that all these late so called AAA games came to the U but i know why there not and thats fine with me. Time for new titles to come out anyway

now with the every leaf and every blade of grass blowing in the wind thats nice REALLY nice but if thats what everybody is looking for in a game then they chose the wrong hobby.

games are a combination of elements and every game has its own set of elements. madden is for those who love the game of football,CoD is for those who like quick gameplay and bragging rights of K/D ratio and the color of your gun and profanity.

My friends and i play alot of CoD and fighting games but one of my friends just dabbles in those genres but we call him the best RPG player out there cause he likes that genre with those elements
---
PSN SLimhomie
Nintedo ID Orionlion