Seems like Wii U will be my 1st Next-Gen console possibly only

#1whatnow12012Posted 2/11/2013 12:31:19 PM
I am not a fan-boy nor have I ever considered myself to be one, I been playing games for 20+ years now since the days of the Wooden Panel 2600 Atari. To me it is about the games not the Companies or its consoles such as Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony.

Also another important factor is the Price & Tech this is another reason for me purchasing any kind of console not a fan boy and I dont believe in the console wars which I think is beyond stupid saying my console is better than yours when a console is barely 5 months old such as the U is also unfair.

The U isnt even 5 months old, people done realize that, so it is unfair to say that the console is dead when is has barely began to crawle and the Vita is barely a Year old now.

It takes time money and even more time to localize games people dont realize that, they want things right here & now when it is impossible cause of localization.

Also I may not get either the PS4 or 720 cause of the restrictions on them. From the Always On deal to Banning of used games, Nintendo knows it is always about the Gamers and that is what they focus on, they never use or implement stupid moves like this & this is the reason the Wii U will be the new KIng of Next Gens.

It dosent ban used games, it is backwards with Wii Original Games, and they are a solid line up of upcoming new games for the U in the works.

Also the U will not cost over 400+ such as the PS4s rumored price.

Also people live in a Dead-Zone will not be able to get the PS4 or the 720 cause it will require and Always On deal so it sucks for people who have no connections.

Also people will get these consoles and say WTF why dosent my console work, easy it is an Always On deal so basically you just lit up 400+ bucks and sit Fire to it.

So play it smart and get the Wii U and also get the Portables such as 3DS and the Vita both will have awesome games on all of them.

so for me it is Wii U, 3DS and Vita this will be my final Generation 20+ years of gaming brought to a Grinding halt.
#2Castleman2Posted 2/11/2013 12:35:42 PM
Same here. I am all but done with gaming, since I have my first child on the way, so this system will be my only system this gen. On top of this, last gen I owned all three consoles, and and both handhelds, and the DS was incredible, and everything else was a complete let down. The Wii had its shining moments, Xenoblade, little king story, and a couple of others...but, I am content with riding out this system for the next 5-7 years, and if it flops, that is just fine by me
---
WiiU: Air-Wreck
#3ArturiaZweiPosted 2/11/2013 12:49:27 PM
With no used games and a constant connection to the internet in addition to not having many games I particularly care for outside of third party which my PC can do better, I'm not really feeling anything other than a Wii U/PC setup
#4whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:27:08 PM
I still play my Wii some such as I am getting Pandoras Tower glad it is coming to the US, also I am still playing my Original DS some also with Devil Survivor and other RPG the DS had an excellent Library of games.

The 3DS i am getting mine in march so I can get Fire Emblem Awakening, then the Vita later this year for Soul Sacrifice and Ys then later God Eater 2.

So looks like my final generation will be Wii U, Vita, 3DS and keep my PS3 & 360 even though the next gens will be out those consoles will still be supported up to the year 2015.

Saints Row 4, Dragon Age 3, South Park, Remember Me, and many others are still on track for current gen.

I may just upgrade my PS3 to the new Super Slim, then the same on my 360 to the 250 GB deal and get the Wii U Basic Model for gaming only.

Cant wait for the Zeldas on the U and hopefully Metroid Dread or a new Star Fox also. Kind of wierd they are not doing anything for Star Fox.

But me I want my Killer Instinct.
#5GimeaPosted 2/11/2013 3:28:48 PM
whatnow12012 posted...
I still play my Wii some such as I am getting Pandoras Tower glad it is coming to the US, also I am still playing my Original DS some also with Devil Survivor and other RPG the DS had an excellent Library of games.

The 3DS i am getting mine in march so I can get Fire Emblem Awakening, then the Vita later this year for Soul Sacrifice and Ys then later God Eater 2.

So looks like my final generation will be Wii U, Vita, 3DS and keep my PS3 & 360 even though the next gens will be out those consoles will still be supported up to the year 2015.

Saints Row 4, Dragon Age 3, South Park, Remember Me, and many others are still on track for current gen.

I may just upgrade my PS3 to the new Super Slim, then the same on my 360 to the 250 GB deal and get the Wii U Basic Model for gaming only.

Cant wait for the Zeldas on the U and hopefully Metroid Dread or a new Star Fox also. Kind of wierd they are not doing anything for Star Fox.

But me I want my Killer Instinct.

worst way of spending money ever
---
The new Minecraft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKlNskaRPU
#6SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/11/2013 3:33:50 PM
ArturiaZwei posted...
With no used games and a constant connection to the internet in addition to not having many games I particularly care for outside of third party which my PC can do better, I'm not really feeling anything other than a Wii U/PC setup

I bet you were quick to ignore rumors about the Wii U when they were being thrown around. Funny and sad how you quickly use the rumors about the other consoles as wiiassurance for not wanting to get one of them. Troll confirmed.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#7Mavrick588Posted 2/11/2013 3:39:32 PM
PS4 and MSNEXT are gonna cost an arm and a leg, if not up front then in subscription plans.

Between my PC and Wii U I think I'm all set this gen.

I don't like Sony/MS exclusives anyway, and the rest I can get on PC.
---
"Video-games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll"- Shigeru Miyamoto
#8SlimeSwayzePosted 2/11/2013 3:49:32 PM
I won't be getting a PS4 or the next X-Box unless they are BC and you can download everything tied to your current PS3 and 360 accounts. I also won't buy them if they don't allow used games. Nor will I buy them if they don't have traditional controls.

Basically, I have a feeling the Wii U will be my only "next-gen" console, even though I consider it current-gen tech-wise. I have a PC for all the games that won't be coming to Wii U.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#9jairusmonillasPosted 2/11/2013 3:57:11 PM
It's easy to say you only own "Wii U"

Until PS4 and Xbox3 are released. you would be pretending you didn't say that cause PS4 would evolve gaming like never before, unlike Wii U who simply added a tablet controller with ps3/360 graphics. Thats not next gen.
#10whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:11:06 PM
XboxNext also shot itself in the foot even more with another new Rumor suggesting it will require Kinect.