Is it safe to say the "Glory Days" of Nintendo was the Nintendo 64 era?

#151THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/12/2013 11:39:38 AM
Xechs posted...
The reason I jumped ship to sony was because a lot of SNES franchises and third party I loved went there.

Pretty much how I got started too.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#152ShinChuckPosted 2/12/2013 1:35:51 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Gotta say, this topic has the most hate I've EVER seen for the N64.

Ever.

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the system. I have quite a few fond memories of it, and to this day I still adore some games, like Mario 64, as all-time favorites.

I just feel it gets a little bit more credit than it really deserves, and for a lot of people it was their first real console and first real gaming memories, and so it's all rose-colored glasses. The N64 had it's issues, it was a distant second in that generation, and it's just got several superior systems above it, including others by Nintendo.

I don't think you'll find many of us who lived through the NES and SNES days claiming the N64 trumps them without it being controversial.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#153CyborgTwentyPosted 2/12/2013 1:37:36 PM
wii u is the glory days of nintendo
!
Look at the juggernaut titles:

Zelda U
New Super Mario Bros U
Metroid U
Mario Kart U
Super Smash Bros U
etc
etc
etc
#154backguard222Posted 2/12/2013 1:59:46 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
iKhanic posted...
Nope. The N64 is the most nostalgic period of Nintendo history, but it was far from the "glory days". Nintendo's anti-competitive practices combined with their insistence on using cartridges led third parties to flee in masses.

Nintendo's glory days were the days of the SNES

I always found it weird that the N64 used carts.
I mean, I remember reading in magazines that Nintendo was working on a CD attachment for the SNES, so they obviously knew it would be the wave of the future. So why didn't they do it? The N64 would have been much more awesome if it were CD based.

Nintendo DID experiment with CDs. Which is how we got the Zelda CDi games along with the title Hotel Mario. As to why they backed away from it... well, these games were completely awful. I mean, the Jaguar got alot of smack for its horrid games, but these things made its library look golden...

As for the post about PS1 to present and future being the Golden days for Sony because Nintendo can't touch them... Uh, the PS3 didn't even come CLOSE to touching Wii sales and its at the very end. For all its third party developers, it has yet to even garnish ONE noteable exclusive, if anything it gets the scraps from 360 and overall is viewed as a 360 clone.

The PS1 however I can agree that it had great titles (whoever said it had nothing must not of ever played Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross, Crash Bandicoot 2, Twisted Metal 2, and frankly a whole host of other great games). Though, the PS2 was kinda Sony's SNES

But none of the CD games were developed by Nintendo. They were only licensed.
#155trenkenPosted 2/12/2013 2:07:26 PM
McMarbles posted...
The "glory days" was whenever you were twelve.

No, its when they were at their best. Most would say the 90s where when they were at the top of their game.

Im pretty damn sure if they were completely awesome now, more people would say that, but they are just in safe sequel mode, which isnt exactly how they were in the 90s.

Its not nostalgia, they actually were better back then. The games are all higher rated, and they were pretty much the only thing that matter. Now Nintendo has slipped up enough to make room for Sony and MS to both be very successful.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero