when this industry eventually collapses again, Nintendo will...

#1Big_IsaacPosted 2/11/2013 1:05:45 PM
... be among the few survivors again. history repeats.

it's only a matter of time before people stop supporting the rampant anti-consumer BS that came up last gen. once they do, the industry comes crashing down just like it did in the 80s before 3rd gen started.

thing is, out of all companies currently in the industry, Nintendo among those who will most likely survive. they have a freakish amount of liquid assets, which can have one of 2 reasons
1 they secretly plan to buy Japan and rename it Nintendoland
2 they are preparing for the crash
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#2Baha05Posted 2/11/2013 1:06:28 PM
I doubt the industry will crash again, a lot of factors would have to happen before we see it crash.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3lp913Posted 2/11/2013 1:20:57 PM
Microsoft will indeed be the culprit if that does indeed happen. XBOX Live was a catch 22 - it actually gave gamers more than what they asked for in a online service, but it also served as pimping grounds for third parties, effectively forcing them to make games their way even if Nintendo and Sony both were putting up better hardware sales with stronger first party support each. Of course, those Live fees are the driving force, giving devs major incentive to microtransaction like crazy, on top of high development costs, resulting in the closing of major game studios (THQ, Junction Point, Atari, etc.). MS destructive polices are whats making most western third party devs weary on everything else outside of PC/360, whether its 3DS, Vita, Wii U, and still in some cases PS3.

Not that Nintendo doesn't need to make improvements with Wii U (the sooner a legit account system comes for its eshops, the better) aside from getting out their own games on a more consistent basis, I really can't see what in the holy hell else would keep third parties in general away from the system unless its just not enough care or involvement on Nintendo's end. But they sure as hell shouldn't follow the destructive polices of MS right now cause for the last 12 years they specifically have been putting gaming down a downward spiral and will continue to do so especially if there's a severe lack of 360 BC on 720 and that dreaded "no used games" rumor comes to be.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]