Can you play this Balloon Fight game on the gamepad?

#11VoelgerPosted 2/11/2013 8:40:57 PM
Oh crap! I never owned a wii. Do they have super metroid? How much?

Are there any other must own VC games? Can I use my gamepad controls without screen, or I have to use wii remote?
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#12TheTrueNubPosted 2/11/2013 8:51:51 PM
Voelger posted...
Oh crap! I never owned a wii. Do they have super metroid? How much?

Are there any other must own VC games? Can I use my gamepad controls without screen, or I have to use wii remote?

I think all SNES titles are $8 a piece, I could be wrong. Go into Wii mode and open the eshop from there

And of course! There's tons of great VC titles. They have all sorts of heavy hitters for consoles like the NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, etc. etc.

And no, no Wii U controllers work in Wii mode. You'll need a Wiimote and a classic controller to play anything other than NES titles. NES titles can be played with a sideways wiimote

The CCP is fairly cheap though, and can be used with a variety of Wii and Wii U titles as well: http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002TLTBN0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360641033&sr=8-1&keywords=classic+controller+pro
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#13Petey_MeanisPosted 2/11/2013 8:53:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14VoelgerPosted 2/11/2013 9:04:42 PM
Crap! So I need to buy a controller to play Super Metroid or A Link To The Past? That sucks considering I have a perfectly capable wii u gamepad. Will a wii u controller pro work? I was thinking of getting one of those anyway.

Why is it taking so long to stream it to the gamepad? This seems like an easy enough process once the tech is there, and it obviously is if I can play mass effect 3 on the gamepad.
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#15TheTrueNubPosted 2/11/2013 9:25:02 PM(edited)
Voelger posted...
Crap! So I need to buy a controller to play Super Metroid or A Link To The Past? That sucks considering I have a perfectly capable wii u gamepad. Will a wii u controller pro work? I was thinking of getting one of those anyway.

Why is it taking so long to stream it to the gamepad? This seems like an easy enough process once the tech is there, and it obviously is if I can play mass effect 3 on the gamepad.

Yes you do. It will also work on the Wii U as well, so it's not just a dedicated Wii VC controller at least. As for the Wii U Pro Controller, no. For the Wii U versions though you'll be able to use the Wii U Pro Controller and gamepad though.

As far as why it's taking so long, I'm sure it's more involved than you may think. These emulators were tailored to work on the Wii, the emulators probably have to be reworked to work on the Wii U, along with getting the new multiple different controllers to work. Getting the game to stream to the gamepad and adding fully customization controls probably also takes a decent amount of time. A Miiverse is being made for every VC title that gets released too.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#16VoelgerPosted 2/11/2013 9:40:08 PM
What is miiverse? I play my games on wii u but I don't notice this miiverse thing? I though it was just a giant chat room where everyone posts pictures on the menu screen
---
PowerFAQs 1.10